Bicycle crashed into me - Nobody's fault - She wants me to pay 5000NT

Bike is a vehicle and also vehicle accidents require a breathalyzer… haha did they make her blow?

Yes i said imo haha, i ride My bike on bike paths ,Peds walking best yield or get embarrassed.
I dont purposely hit people i ring my awesome bell and yell. But when i hit them , they all say sorry

I like to wear sketcher shoes and one of the easiest ways I know I need new ones is the soles lose traction on the glazed marble sidewalks and I fly arse over tit. I agree, what were they thinking. But if I tried to sue, I’d bet the judge would say that I should have known glazed marble sidewalks are slippery :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Section 3 ShuangShi Rd near Jiangzicui MRT

1 Like

Tell her you also ended up having to go to the hospital and you have 15,000 in bills. Then tell her you will call it even if she just STFU

I the patient did not choose the treatment
@bdog wise guy!

I see, geez, they were thorough then. Apologies, it was the caffeine talking.

Visit a doctor to get ‘treatment’. It will cost you $150 but will demonstrate that you were harmed by the accident as well.

3 Likes

I don’t live in Taiwan but in the US you’d file a police report. And $178 really ain’t beans if you end up having to pay it.

No

No breathalyser was taken

Update: I caved in and told her I would pay the 5000, I just want this whole thing to go away. Told her if we sign a settlement form then it can be done with. She refused payment and said she wants me to apologise for yesterday and admit that it was me who caused the accident.

This is awful. For a payment so small, can she actually sue me? How much could all of this cost me eventually?

Trick to get you pay more in the future, admitting guilt.

9 Likes

I think so, maybe she recorded the phone conversation yesterday. I just told her the police told me that he doesn’t think it was anybodys fault as the van blocked our view. She wasn’t happy I didn’t say ‘It was my fault and i’m sorry’.

And I’d argue that if the government has always known of that
They should have made a sidewalk with it
Are they trying to get ppl hurt?

1 Like

Reminds me of this

2 Likes

I’d personally retract this offer (although I wouldn’t have made it in the first place) and fight it. If it comes up that you already said you’d pay, just say that you didn’t accept blame but felt scared, foreign country, wanted it to go away, was also a bit injured by her carelessly riding her bike into you and needed to rest for several days but didn’t want to cause trouble, blah blah blah. Maybe your knee or neck or something have been a bit uncomfortable since the accident and you should go get an X-ray to check there was no serious damage?

I know it’s only 5k, but I’m surprised by the number of people in this thread willing to get taken advantage of.

12 Likes

Yes i will never forget that

1 Like

She doesnt want $$ just an apology?

No
Once she got the op on record that he/she apologizes
She could use this at court
Saying that op admitted guilt and that’s why op’s at fault and should pay up

4 Likes

Do not admit anything. This is a scam to get you on the hook. Go to a doctor to have your injuries documented. You will also need a couple of shots. Tetanus for starters. There’s also another one which I can’t think of the name for off the top of my head but is a transmissible illness picked up from cuts and grazes from streets and pathways. Then go to the Foreign Police and tell them what happened. That you were crossing the road within x meters of the crossing when you were blindsided by a woman riding her bicycle. Force it to mediation and present your bills and your statement to the mediation and a request for compensation.

3 Likes