Big drug bust in Taipei

Two sticks of Chou Dou Fu, extra chou!

News report alluded that one of them is the child of a diplomat at one of the more prominent western trade offices in Taipei. And no, it tweren’t Canada.

So let’s get this straight. These were kids at the Taipei American School or the Taipei European School? Those young people do DRUGS???
Shirley, you jest! Who would have THOUGHT it! In a million years!

CTi news report

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=javscaB-yJ8

[quote=“sandman”]So let’s get this straight. These were kids at the Taipei American School or the Taipei European School? Those young people do DRUGS???
Shirley, you jest! Who would have THOUGHT it! In a million years![/quote]
I’m always amused when there’s a big hubbub in the Taiwanese media when some celebrity is caught smoking a little doobie. In the West, it’s news when a celebrity doesn’t do drugs.

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]
I don’t know about the search engines and all but a friend of mine who is a policeman told me that there is a cop whose job it is to listen to foreigners’ cellphone conversations. He even has MP3s of the calls to play them when he drives around town.[/quote]

That cops English must be fantastic. I wonder where he acquired his skills - not Taiwan obviously. Private tutor?

[quote=“Askr”][quote=“Deuce Dropper”]
I don’t know about the search engines and all but a friend of mine who is a policeman told me that there is a cop whose job it is to listen to foreigners’ cellphone conversations. He even has MP3s of the calls to play them when he drives around town.[/quote]

Private tutor?[/quote]
Yup. An old friend of mine used to tutor the vice cops, and “drugspeak” was one of the topics covered.

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“Askr”][quote=“Deuce Dropper”]

Private tutor?[/quote]
Yup. An old friend of mine used to tutor the vice cops, and “drugspeak” was one of the topics covered.[/quote]
How does one learn drugspeak well enough to teach? :ponder:

[quote=“divea”][quote=“sandman”][quote=“Askr”][quote=“Deuce Dropper”]

Private tutor?[/quote]
Yup. An old friend of mine used to tutor the vice cops, and “drugspeak” was one of the topics covered.[/quote]
How does one learn drugspeak well enough to teach? :ponder:[/quote]
They’d give him tapes of recorded conversations and he’d “translate” them. He got a bonus when they busted someone as a result of his work. It was a nice earner for him, I believe.

aaah! Makes sense. See, now that is a job I wouldn’t mind, listening to sordid conversations and making money off it!!!

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“divea”][quote=“sandman”][quote=“Askr”][quote=“Deuce Dropper”]

Private tutor?[/quote]
They’d give him tapes of recorded conversations and he’d “translate” them. He got a bonus when they busted someone as a result of his work. It was a nice earner for him, I believe.[/quote]

we gotta name for that kind of person round my neck of the woods…

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“divea”][quote=“sandman”][quote=“Askr”][quote=“Deuce Dropper”]

Private tutor?[/quote]
They’d give him tapes of recorded conversations and he’d “translate” them. He got a bonus when they busted someone as a result of his work. It was a nice earner for him, I believe.[/quote]

B’ye, these days it’s all MP3 and user-friendly CD ROM.

[quote=“the bear”][quote=“sandman”][quote=“divea”][quote=“sandman”][quote=“Askr”][quote=“Deuce Dropper”]

Private tutor?[/quote]

we gotta name for that kind of person round my neck of the woods…

[/quote]
He HATED druggies with a rare passion – don’t know why. He considered himself on a mission. His attitude was “you don’t like what I do? Then you’re no better than scum. Dregs. Away and get behind me, Satan!”
I mean, a stoolie is someone who rats out their own, right? Drug users were in NO WAY “his own.” They were filthy dregs, as far as he was concerned.

I probably ought to remove the word ‘Big’ from the thread title. Having said that, if a bunch of privileged kids at Eton get busted for weed it’s headline news in the UK. Now, I’m not in any way comparing TAS to Eton, but hopefully you get my point.

Although I am one of the ‘fuckwits’.

[quote=“tomthorne”]I probably ought to remove the word ‘Big’ from the thread title. Having said that, if a bunch of privileged kids at Eton get busted for weed it’s headline news in the UK. Now, I’m not in any way comparing TAS to Eton, but hopefully you get my point.

Although I am one of the ‘fuckwits’.[/quote]
No, no! It’s BIG, alright. Old Gav Phipps even mentioned it on the news this morning. If ICRT covers it, it is NEWS!

[quote=“tomthorne”] Now, I’m not in any way comparing TAS to Eton, but hopefully you get my point.

.[/quote]

For what it’s worth, I don’t believe it’s TAS. The article says Xinbei.

I didn’t get where I am today by getting the facts right.

Do you think I could land a job with the Apple Daily?

[quote=“tomthorne”]I didn’t get where I am today by getting the facts right.

Do you think I could land a job with the Apple Daily?[/quote]

I think that makes you more than qualified!!! :bow:

[quote=“Askr”][quote=“Deuce Dropper”]

That cops English must be fantastic. I wonder where he acquired his skills - not Taiwan obviously. Private tutor?[/quote]

Nah, went to TAS.

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“Askr”][quote=“Deuce Dropper”]

Private tutor?[/quote]

A friend of a friend told me that people who do drugs tend to jump out of windows 'coz they think they can fly. Not to mention the raping and pillaging.

That’s why I always say no to drugs.