Bitcoin, something worth investing in?

I bought Bitcoin at $4200 so :man_shrugging:

Tho I lost more in UST the last couple days than I’ve gained in BTC…

3 Likes

Well I bought a bunch of Ethereum at the last botttom of the cycle…80 usd…in 2018 and 2019 after that guys q…there was a long time that it was at 200 and 300 dollars. So not sure what you called. :grinning:

Buying Sand and decentra at bargain prices long term is possible now. easily potential 5-10x within 3 years. Just need to hold em…and hold em …and hold em.

Crypto is a risky business. luna disaster is terrible for the investors,I feel bad for them.
I tend to divide up my stablecoins holding into different ones…to spread the risk.

1 Like

I would completely support this. Proof-of-work crypto is an outrageous waste of energy to achieve basically nothing of value. Normally I’d say just let people keep the freedom waste their money, but climate change being an issue of human survival pushes me into “ban it” territory.

I also hate it when people call crypto an “investment”. Let’s be honest about what it is: gambling.

3 Likes

How much profit did you make?

Was it better than backing a horse?

Genuine questions.

Much better. Depends on if you sold or not at the top right . with backing a horse you only get one go. With ethereum or bitcoin you can hold and wait for the win later.

1 Like

Many traders go in for only minutes at a
time

Highly volatile

1 Like

You didn’t say how much profit you made, BJ. In all fairness, I didnt really ask that question. :see_no_evil::joy:

I appreciate your reply, to my fairly infantile questions. :hugs:

1 Like

No one is going to fully cash out out on Bitcoin or Ethereum now. The best is yet to come.

I made average 1000% profit on the portion I sold I guess. I had one coin make 100‐200x. But I have also lost money at times aswell, sometimes total loss. I truly believe ethereum and bitcoin are a good long term investment, therefore monthly investment should work out well.

2 Likes

I’ve never sold. I just accumulate.

1 Like

The Crypto Crash Feels Amazing (msn.com)

How Bitcoin’s Reacting to Stablecoin Drama (msn.com)

What Would Happen If Bitcoin’s Price Crashes to Zero? (msn.com)

i still wish i can find the floppy disks that had five bitcoins i mined back in 1999 when it was invented. and you could mine a coin in 12 hours at home with a pc :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t know what you have on that floppy, but bitcoin has not been around that long. :wink:

5 Likes

That’s what people say but this was way in the beginning when it was a cool thing

Pretty sure it was bitcoin but it was worth nothing then just a fun thing to do

You could download this program and get a
Bitcoin for running it about 12 hours on a pc

Anyhow can’t find them

Bitcoin wasn’t invented in 1999. You’re early by an entire decade.

4 Likes

It does feel like it’s been around for ever though. Hard to believe it’s only 13 years old.

Hmm it was very similar

Despite many people told me about Bitcoin and there are courses to study about it, I refuse to invest on it. It is just like stock market. You take the risk one way or another. One Bitcoin costs a lot. I would rather invest in properties. Because the real estate is stable in Taiwan. I normally don’t invest in one thing. I prefer to have different sources of income. I have an e-commerce, work part-time hourly jobs, rent the properties, and buy some mutual funds to receive monthly interests. Of course, I always leave a sum of money in savings account for any emergency.

You don’t need to buy a whole coin.

1 Like

Yeah, Bitcoin isn’t an investment. What people are discussing here isn’t investing, it’s basically day trading and gambling.

4 Likes