Bitter points

That’s Hazzard. Y’all ain’t from around these heah parts, air ye?

[quote=“Poagao”] …not everyone who has a US birth certificate is an American.[/quote]That depends on how you look at it. Anyone who is born in the United States can claim U.S. nationality. All they have to do is present their U.S. birth certificate on their 18th birthday, or perhaps they can claim U.S. nationality earlier if they and their parent(s) are residing legally in the U.S. My understanding is that these people don’t “apply” for U.S. nationality; they claim it because it was something they were born with. The only think they would have to “apply” for would be other documents that help prove citizenship, such as an SS card or passport.

I think Poagao means he had to give his up. Which is the most unfair double standard imaginable.

I think Poagao means he had to give his up. Which is the most unfair double standard imaginable.[/quote]
Unfair? Maybe. A bad policy? I don’t think so.

In some ways, I believe being American is also a state of mind - I have a US birth certificate AND passport, but I’m about as American as Vegemite (which is technically owned by US-based Kraft, so the analogy is apt :slight_smile: ).

In some ways, I believe being American is also a state of mind - I have a US birth certificate AND passport, but I’m about as American as Vegemite (which is technically owned by US-based Kraft, so the analogy is apt :slight_smile: ).[/quote]

But if you’re Krafty, you contain untested, unlabeled and indeterminate genetically modified ingredients.

The fiends! But according to them, anyway, Vegemite remains GM-free, so I have a chance :slight_smile:

[quote=“porcelainprincess”][quote=“MaPoDurian”]Oh, come on, Porc. “Rue des Pussies”? That was FUNNY. :mrgreen:
[/quote]
Like I said, a lot of American humour does not travel well. Voila.[/quote]
opinionjournal.com/taste/?id=110004717

Actually Asians do quite well in the United States when compared to other minorities. Many blacks and hispanics feel that Asians should not be considered minorities because they are “successful”.

What’s funny is that the Canadians actually had to pay Conan to cross the border because he wouldn’t do it for free. Didn’t realized Toronto was such a sh*thole.