Bizarre English names - Part 2

Pepsi is Russian (I think) for snot. 's not really a good name.

What, was the Lancelot a female and Hope a male? Because that would be bizarre.

Otherwise… those are English names. Not common, but I did know a Lance in high school and have met a number of Hopes in my time.

i didn’t go through the whole topic, but there the 7-11 girl serving beer every wednesday night around the roxy 99 whose name is Pants

Hope is not so bad. It’s pretty common in some parts.

Pepsi is Russian (I think) for snot. 's not really a good name.[/quote]
Could have been worse. At least he didn’t make the same mistake as this guy:

[quote=“gunadz”]Saw a guy wearing a distressed classic Pepsi logo t-shirt walking around NTU.
Only it didn’t say pepsi. It said Penis.[/quote]

Awesome. Just … awesome.

We have a guy in sales and production:
Name: Gimme

Not like Jimmy, more like gimme that money!

Others
Zone, Force, Pen, Blue, Cola, Snake, Wonder. Not sure if I could buy from a guy named snake.

Creative cats!

bump

Since you bumped, I have a Hebe and a Milla (pronounced Me-lah). Apparently Milla is Swedish.

My wife has had Taiwanese “adult” co-workers over the years with the following names.

Match - male - chose this name for himself because he prefers to light his cigarettes with a match. Fucking tool.

Cinderella - female - insecure unmarried woman over 50 who works in the HR department. All I can think about is the heavy metal hair band from the 80’s!

Eagle - male - works in the logistics department and doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing.

Children’s names of my wife’s various co-workers over the years.

Handsome - male - super not.

Smart - male - smart as a bag of hammers.

Polar Express - male - his favorite movie. Hi. Nice to meet you. Just call me Toy Story 3!

Hoga - male - main protaganist in his favorite movie The Iron Giant. Only problem is that the progtagonist’s name is Hogarth and shortened should be Garth. Calling him Hoga made me think of a submarine sandwich.

King - male - named after his favorite movie, the Lion King. I refused to call this little shit King and instead called him by his full name 陳國王 !! His mother said it sounded strange in Chinese and I told her it sounded stupid in English.

Bunny - male - mother named him this because his favorite animal is a bunny rabbit. I told her that it was fine, but if he were to go to school in the US that he better be a real tough ass because he will be bullied to death for this name. Also, most people would assume him to be a homosexual, which doesn’t bother me because “Gay is OK!” She exlaimed that gay is definitely not ok and the next time I saw him, his name was Vincent! :roflmao:

Great post. Classic line. :roflmao:

Great post. Classic line. :roflmao:[/quote]
Damn straight! Had me rolling! :roflmao:

I taught a kid named Banff. Did his parents go to Canada? I’m not sure. I also have a male student named Alexi. Not sure if it’s Chinglish for Alex or what… Also… Lendy? I’ve known a couple girls named Lendy. What is that???

Alexi (though it is misspelled) is Russian for ‘Alex’.

I can’t wait until they start giving themselves those cool American names like DeShaw, LaVaughan, Darnell, VeNay, LeShan, Chantoya, Tramelle, LeBron, Laquenetta, etc. That’s gonna be a hoot.

Actually, I had a Kobe Bryant in one of my university classes last year. he was about 5’5".

One of my students is called Leopard. He’s a highly intelligent and cool guy, actually, with a very subtle understanding of western culture. I haven’t yet got around to asking if he is an ambush predator with a penchant for dense vegetation. :ohreally:

Finnish. Your student may be a metal fan. Meet Alexi Laiho

herevilroyalty.files.wordpress.c … o1_500.jpg

Odd. I had a new kid in class yesterday called Lion. Must be Spring approaching that’s causing all the feline predators to make an appearance.

I’ve encountered a number of women named Landy, and a few men too. I know there’s a star named Landy Wen.

But, like “Apple”, the popularity of the name here is strange given its utter rarity or practical nonexistence in the English speaking world.

Ok, technically, this is an Afrikaans name, but the middle name is English. Anyway, a FB picture of my niece and some friends from school delivered up this young man with a prize of a name: Janko
Bacon
Etsebeth

First I was - :astonished:

Then I was - :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

WTF???

New semester rolls around… on the books this time we have a Pencil, a Panda and a Good Morning. All boys.