Bizarre English names - Part 2

I know a Jinny Jin. She works in an office made of concrete.

I teach a Jenny Five.

Saw a girl at the 7-11 named Kelvin. Have a student named O’Ryan.

I know a “Sindy”.

So there I am in 7-11 waiting for them to microwave my slop. There’s some sort of commercial playing on the TV. The attractive female actor/presenter’s name is subtitled as …

Duckweed Lo.

:roflmao:

I get that some people like to name their daughters after flowers. But duckweed? Could have been worse, I suppose - at least her parents got the right vowel in the first syllable.

Angle. Co-worker of Phantom.

Is she obtuse? :smiley:

Facebook is a treasure trove for interesting names. I often come across names of people from other Asian countries, like Thailand, Singapore or Mongolia. Sometimes I am not sure if those are real names, but I think they are. Just saw this one:

Do My Phung

:eh:

I-Yung Ho.

Yup, really.

[quote=“finley”]So there I am in 7-11 waiting for them to microwave my slop. There’s some sort of commercial playing on the TV. The attractive female actor/presenter’s name is subtitled as …

Duckweed Lo.

:roflmao:

I get that some people like to name their daughters after flowers. But duckweed? Could have been worse, I suppose - at least her parents got the right vowel in the first syllable.[/quote]

the right consonant , too.

“Hi y’all, I’m Fuckweed”. Yeah, right.

Had the pleasure of meeting Key this morning - a car salesman in Taichung.

He’s married to Bonnet and they have 2 lovely kids, Hub & Fender.

Celebs names their children stupid names because they trademark their names.

Kit. Not great but not that ridiculous. Unless your surname is one of the most common in Taiwan.

Kit Chen.

Kit Chee.

Kit Kat.

Kit Ten.

Joline’s boyfriend.

His name is Vivian.

[quote=“Confuzius”]Joline’s boyfriend.

His name is Vivian.[/quote]

Vivian is also a male name.

[quote=“antarcticbeech”][quote=“Confuzius”]Joline’s boyfriend.

Vivian is also a male name.[/quote]
Well, like Courtney and Allison, it was a male name a century or more ago.

[quote=“Chris”][quote=“antarcticbeech”][quote=“Confuzius”]Joline’s boyfriend.

Vivian is also a male name.[/quote]
Well, like Courtney and Allison, it was a male name a century or more ago.[/quote]

It is a male name today.

Sir Vivian Richards, perhaps the greatest batsman of all time, who was made an Officer of the Order of the British Empire for services to cricket.

Another sporting Vivian:

another Vyvyan.