Black Widow - 2020

Watched it last night. 4K, HDR, Dolby Atmos. It was pretty decent.

I would not even consider watching this movie.

Is there any gratuitous cleavage or other emptiness anyway?

Lots of hot women and not overly political. Decent story. Definitely worth a watch.

黑寡婦》將於7月14日在台上映
“Black Widow” will be released in Taiwan cinemas on July 14

Vieshow is going to have some special activities and promotional items about the movie

黑寡婦來了!07/14齊看寡姐.安心觀影!

07/12(一)18:00前、開、放、線、上、售、票

送好送滿的贈品與海報,還有電影套餐ABCD齊發
小孩才作選擇,當然要通通收~

除了電影贈品華麗豐富
威秀影城防疫措施也全面升級↑↑↑↑
↑↑影城全面禁止飲食
↑↑執行三明治消毒法
↑↑1922實聯制登記
↑↑實施無接觸入場

有件事可以確定
這將會是精彩的重聚!
07/14看起來!刷起來!

●場次開放時間異動說明如下:
配合政府逐步解封,已開放電影院營業縣市之威秀影城,每日開放二日內之場次

7/12(一) 18:00前開放7/13(二)~7/14(三)場次
7/13(二) 18:00前開放7/15(四)場次
7/14(三) 18:00前開放7/16(五)場次…依此類推

sources:

2 Likes

I just can’t get past the fact that her parents named her after a soft cheese.

I suspect this is going to be a massive flop. The last couple of Marvel movies were just astoundingly boring. Shit stories which they tried to paper over with loads of SFX. One scene which sticks in my mind was a few assorted superheroes bickering like college kids. I was like, seriously? Is that what superheroes do? It’s not very super, is it?

My guess is that they’ve got far too many woke types on the writing teams, who just aren’t going to perform well when the basic goal is to drench everything in testosterone (and whatever the female equivalent is). Fantasy-sci-fi stories also require writers to have at least some basic grasp of physics, which many of them clearly don’t, leading to absolutely absurd scenarios. Suspension-of-disbelief is a very fragile thing and can be easily broken by foolishness.

Superhero movies are just becoming so formulaic and thus boring at this point. The last one I really loved and thought brought something new to the table was ‘Logan.’

Estrogen.

2 Likes

Well, technically, it’s still testosterone that makes women do interesting and/or spectacular things (in real life). Women who juice are a force to be reckoned with. Estrogen, AFAIK, just makes them curl up in a ball and eat chocolate and ice-cream.

But yeah, formulaic. That’s definitely the word.

Haven’t seen Logan. I’ll check it out.

I saw it in the movies, it was alright. Entertaining enough. It wasn’t in your face feminist girl power at all so I was wrong about my prediction.

2 Likes

~$220M in the opening weekend, $160M at the box office split between domestic and international, and another $60M on Disney+. Sounds pretty solid, all things considered.

I’m surprised. Did they figure out a good story?

If you are gonna get hung up on the lack of proper physics, you won’t like it, but if you can turn off your brain for a popcorn movie and just enjoy the ride, it’s enjoyable.

2 Likes

That went out the door in Iron Man 2.

1 Like

Haha exactly. My wife and I were discussing physics a lot during that movie, even I joined only for the last quarter or so. Especially “what things fall how fast and why” :rofl:

Just forget about 9.81 m/s^2 and air resistance, else you won’t be entertained.

PS: I was entertained after successfully shutting down my brain, despite the silly action and the dialogues that were… Well… silly, as expected in a superhero movie.

Yeah I thought wow Taiwan has black widow spiders ?

I think it does have have one species, but it’s very rare.

The Disney Marvel stuff is quite the factory. I do like how they reset the dynamics of the universe a bit after endgame, it was getting stale. Star Wars isn’t exactly a reset but both of theose franchises were beginning to bore me to tears hanging onto old actors and characters, stuff like Mandalorian/Falcon and the Winter Soldier are nice new directions for me.

Justice League Snyder’s Cut is very long, but really well done, one of the better ones recently. Great direction and action with good pacing.

As for Black Widow, I’ll check it out, not a big fan of Johansson as an superhero though. She’s ok in that role but she was cast too much for eyeballs, not quality fit.

It was very long yet the end scenes were extraordinary. The whole infinite time lines thing was well done with Joker and Batman. "How many timelines did you fail?’ quip was brutal.

I think that’s the writing… Not much for anyone to really display much of anything there in the previous movies.

The Marvel star filed a lawsuit Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court, alleging her contract was breached when the company released “Black Widow” on its streaming service Disney+ at the same time it debuted in theaters.

Johansson claims her agreement with Disney’s Marvel Entertainment guaranteed an exclusive theatrical release for her solo film, and her salary was based, in large part, on the box-office performance.

In their statement, Disney alleges that Johansson’s suit holds no legal weight. “The lawsuit is especially sad and distressing in its callous disregard for the horrific and prolonged global effects of the COVID-19 pandemic,” the statement reads. “Disney has fully complied with Ms. Johansson’s contract and furthermore, the release of Black Widow on Disney+ with Premier Access has significantly enhanced her ability to earn additional compensation on top of the $20M she has received to date.”

1 Like