Blacklist: Who not to work for in taiwan, Where not to eat, places not to go, ect

[quote=“ski”]Every time I go to the Neihu Swensons I get shafted. Yet I go back because it is next to home. Anyways, they have never cooked a burger properly for me or most of my friends and cant seem to get it right when you send it back. Now I seem to have a stomach for raw hamburger. However the second point is they never, never, never bring the food out at the same time. 2,3,4,5,6,7 etc people at a tabel and the first one has finished and gone back to work by the time the last one is get his food.
3 years of shitty service and only once have I heard a good comment on this place.[/quote]

I think this is par for the course at all the Taipei Swensons…I can claim the same thing about Renai Circle, Nanking and Tienmou…

But damn…that’s still the best burger in town and I will stick by that until e-coli causes me to shit thru a needle at 20 paces.

[quote=“daltongang”]It’s in the valium class and not unusual. Doctors of all types regularly prescribe them for my wife, her nervous way of dealing with doctors apparently leads them to believe that she would benefit from them :slight_smile:

Seriously, she’s been having rather bothersome nervous attacks lately and a quite good (first impression) “jingshenke” doctor at the Guotai hospital prescribed them for her. She’s taken them for a few days and seems to be feeling better with no noticable side effects except a little tiredness. My wife is very sensitive to medication, so your friend may be having an unusual reaction to the drug.

Speaking of blacklists, a jingshenke doctor at the Zhenxing hospital in Shihpai prescribed her Seroxat after a token “checklist” type diagnostic session. I looked on the internet and found a lot of horror stories. Where there’s smoke there’s fire I always say! This guy seems ready to hand out the stuff like candy.[/quote]

Anxiolytics like valium should only be used very short term as they are addictive + dangerous in overdose. Anxiety sometimes presents on its own but is also one common symptom of depression . The newer antidepressants like the one you mentioned are not addictive & are safe in overdose. I suggest you get a proper diagnosis for your wife . Her anxiety may be a symptom of depression (tiredness is another symptom)in which case the anxiolytics wont resolve the problem (only mask it).

[quote=“Scuba”]
Anxiolytics like valium should only be used very short term as they are addictive + dangerous in overdose. Anxiety sometimes presents on its own but is also one common symptom of depression . The newer antidepressants like the one you mentioned are not addictive & are safe in overdose. I suggest you get a proper diagnosis for your wife . Her anxiety may be a symptom of depression (tiredness is another symptom)in which case the anxiolytics wont resolve the problem (only mask it).[/quote]

Oh I’ve looked into it a lot. One thing people are finding out is Prozac type drugs are addictive. Coming off of them is an ordeal and for many people impossible. In my opinion this doctor is doing the right thing–to make a long story short he did not suggest that she should take that medication over the long term. A bubblegum checklist diagnosis of depression was a mistake in my opinion.

Seems to me that we would be better served by having some of these posts split from this thread and moved to the Health forum…

Valium’s not dangerous in overdose ! On the other hand, paracetamol WILL kill you in overdose !

You are right ,on its own Valium will not kill you, but a lot of people who OD have also taken a load of alcohol & its the combination that is very dangerous. Yes paracetamol is V dangerous in overdose & its a particularly painful ,slow way to go.

[quote=“Scuba”]

You are right ,on its own Valium will not kill you, but a lot of people who OD have also taken a load of alcohol & its the combination that is very dangerous. [/quote]

Yep, valium supresses the gag reflex… puke and you will choke on your own vomit.

Got to agree with Maoman, this thread is way off course.

Hey, the topic title says “etc.”–so I guess it’s now “drugs not to OD on in Taiwan…” :laughing:

Hess used to have a pretty bad reputation on the old Oriented.org

IACC and Amvets/Juice/etc…bad bad people out to screw teachers and schools for as much as they can get.

Wanfang Community Hospital: I went there twice while I lived in Muzha. Once was for a sprained ankle that had ballooned up from use. The doctor (wear Okibashis that showed off his crusty cracked toenails and yellow callused feet) stuck an IV needle into my ankle to give me an anti-inflammatory drug and when blood started to come out the nurses screamed and ran out of the area. Later when I was paying for his services, he came over and asked me if I had friends in Taiwan. I said I had a few. Then he said and I quote, “If you ever feel lonely or want to talk, you can always come up to my office.” UGH!!! By the way, those were ER nurses who fled at the sight of blood. I suspect they’d never qualify to do triage. The other time I had to watch some woman throw up on the floor and then three nurses walk through it nonchalantly before someone cleaned it up, also happened in the ER.

And I have to agree that for any boat trip from Taidong’s Fukang Harbor, dramamine is highly recommended. They must have rough seas over there or something…I think of the 20 passengers who went whale-watching, at least 10 of us were sick. Never saw whales or dolphins since opening my eyes made me feel ill.

Can you please tell me how much is the real OD for paracetamol - just in case…

I must agree that IACC is to be avoided.

Who are IACC?

Brian

Can you please tell me how much is the real OD for paracetamol - just in case…[/quote]

I have a feeling the dosage is no more than 4 grammes in any 24 hour period. But you should ask a chemist.

i forget the basis of the acronym precisely. sumthin like International Avenue…Consultants. they advertise incessantly for english teachers in greater taichung (IIRC). promise alot and carry through on very little. have guanxi or they would have been shuttered a long time ago. terrible wages, stiff fines, promise but cannot provide ARC. churn through newbies like sh-t through a goose.

do the english language newspapers here ever do muckraking? sending in a reporter in under the guise of a new english teacher would make for some fun reading. do it twice and the entire ESL industry would actually follow the laws.

The TT is nothing more than a vehicle for locals to practice their English. It’s not really a newspaper as such. It would be too much like shitting in the nest.

bump

I hear that there is a school in Gaoxiung run by an American that is pretty darn…GOOD. :wink:

And it’s mostly in English

ap4.kh.edu.tw/afterschool/englis … e_form.jsp

sorry - wrong forum

Kenneth