Bliss on Xinyi Road (closed)

Hi All, Thanks for all the kind words…I realize it has now been more than 2 months and lots of things have happened since… am trying to get familiar with Forumosa and just read this thread for the first time… and I am wondering who I answer to when I write this… so: testing, 1,2,3…

So there I ended up… ok… to the Q when the Ramblers are gonna blow the roof off… I’d say any Saturday in February… Lemmie know; I haven’t booked any Sat yet but am planning now … call me 09 300 91915Barry.

[quote=“Stray Dog”]Glad to see Barry has reopened the bar himself.

Well, not entirely glad, as I had a bar tab at C & L that I guess I should come by and pay off now! I’d like to do it before witnesses - preferably skimpily clad dancing bunnies. When would be the best time to do that?

Sean[/quote]

Do I reply in here? Testing, 1,2,3…

Hi Barry old boy,
Welcome to F.com…dont let the bastards get you down!!
See you soon baby! Shine on you crazy diamond.
Dazz

Ah, I’m beginning to ge an idea of how this works… s’times takes a long time for a coin to drop… Stray Dog… I know who you are; there can only be 1… haven’t been on Forumosa a lot but am beginning to like it… sorry you missed the lovely Bunnies that accompanied the Big Brass Balls Band on Fri 23 Dec… check our website www.blisstaipei.com and goto photo gallery and check BBBB pics…

And about that bill…you know I nearly went bankrupt because of that…thx… almost went to the dogs there… haha… I’m afraid all outstanding bills died with C&L’s death… now reborn: Be In Bliss… you’re still welcome to pay if you are a Karma Man … again haha…

[quote=“marct”]Went there last night to chill out.

Place was fully packed.

Brass Balls Band on stage, and some skimpily dressed Christmas bunnies dancinf in front of the stage to please sore and bleary eyes…

Wednesday nights normally kicks of with Dave Foster, followed by whatever they have scheduled after that.

The guy sounds great, and will kick off tonight’s Absinthe Xmas party as well.

Dave plus 2-3 other bands on stage, all you can eat Xmas buffet, and 3 Absinthe shoths. they sold tickets for 800NT.

I know where I’ll be eating tonight!

:-)[/quote]

Don’t miss Dave Foster on Wednesdays…!!! This is a serious warning…!!!

[quote=“BeInBliss”][quote=“marct”]Went there last night to chill out.

Place was fully packed.

Brass Balls Band on stage, and some skimpily dressed Christmas bunnies dancinf in front of the stage to please sore and bleary eyes…

Wednesday nights normally kicks of with Dave Foster, followed by whatever they have scheduled after that.

The guy sounds great, and will kick off tonight’s Absinthe Xmas party as well.

Dave plus 2-3 other bands on stage, all you can eat Xmas buffet, and 3 Absinthe shoths. they sold tickets for 800NT.

I know where I’ll be eating tonight!

:-)[/quote]

Don’t miss Dave Foster on Wednesdays…!!! This is a serious warning…!!![/quote]

…also our house band CrossRoads on Fridays with free sparkles for Girlz until 23:00 hrs (11pm) … we are thinking of a name for it too; s’thing like “Rock 'n Ladies” or so…

[quote=“Highway Star”]Hi Barry old boy,
Welcome to F.com…dont let the bastards get you down!!
See you soon baby! Shine on you crazy diamond.
Dazz[/quote]

Thank you Dazza…s’times I wish you weren’t so damned good looking…

It would be good if the Ramblers could play in Bliss in February…!

Bliss has spent a lot of money on sound proofing…this resulted in a a place where live music rocks on till the small hours (we don’t have to stop at midnight…) Many great bands have played in Bliss and this will continue… Bliss has the feel of an intimate music club upstairs while downstairs it still keeps it’s Western bar feel…

Wednesdays - Dave Foster
1st two Thursdays in Feb - Mr. Green and Adam Gault
Fridays - House band CrossRoads with free sparkles for girlz till 11
Saturdays - varied acts (check www.blisstaipei.com)
Sundays - coming soon: Jan v/d Ree’s Jazz 'n Easy listening Expressions

Do you have a band or know a great band? Let me know… Play in BLISS…!

It sure would. we’re currently booked at the Huashan Arts Centre on the 18th, but the other Saturdays are free, I think. Let me talk to the guys and someone’ll be in touch with you Barry.

Damn.

That means I’ll have to come and enjoy.

That means I’ll have to pay that bar tab from when Bliss was C & L. :s

Sorry about that, Barry. I did call you after C & L closed, but your phone was not on.

Sean

Was in BLISS last night. Indeed, a very nice bar. It was not crowded, but a some good 40 to 50 people, all in party mood. The band playing upstairs got everybody to dance. Barry, the owner, appears to be a good hard working singer after a few drinks (both him and the customers). The bar has a relaxing atmosphere. Customers are a mix of foreigners and locals. Great place, Barry !

[quote="Let me talk to the guys and someone’ll be in touch with you Barry.[/quote]

Well…Sorry to be back late…18th is in option with BoPoMoFo, 25th is for the Big Brass Balls Band and the 11th I’ve got us (CrossRoads) booked in… I could give you Gentz the 11th but it might be too short notice for promo & so… the first Sat after which would be the 4th…with great pleasure & great honour… (By the way,my new nr.= 09 300 9191 5 ,) or drop by for a drink…

[quote=“Stray Dog”]Damn.

That means I’ll have to come and enjoy.

Sean[/quote]

Yep…and about time too… of course I am talking about the enjoyment… not the bar tab… buy me a drink if you wish but no more C&L please…

[quote=“Stray Dog”]Damn.
That means I’ll have to pay that bar tab from when Bliss was C & L. :s
[/quote]

Please do pay the tab…thre was a certain young magazine editor who took a hit on ad commissions when C&L bit the dust. I’m authorized to collect for him :wink:

Chou

[quote=“chodofu”]

Please do pay the tab…thre was a certain young magazine editor who took a hit on ad commissions when C&L bit the dust. I’m authorized to collect for him :wink:

Chou[/quote]

Hey Mr. Tofu,
Do you know how much he missed out on? Never thought about the fact that after my ex partner ‘took the money and ran’, a certain young good looking whatever missed out on his commission… not really fair is it…?!
How much Fun is Taiwan …?

As far as the Stray Dog goes… he’s still astray (ash tray?) or has the Stray Cat Blues … but surely a fund could be raised…

Dear Gentlemen, have you been in BLISS recently…?

Hi ‘it’s me again’,

Thank you very Dutch for your nice words. I do trust that you realize that those ‘few drinks’ are an absolute necessity to warm up the voice (there are singers who do scales to warm up but I found through experience that alcohol works way better) …
Who are you, anyway… it’s so strange that you were there (here) and surely we met but … … …

Every Wednesday the stage is for Mr. Dave Foster… singer/song writer from South-Africa… the man belongs on the world stage… starts at 10pm, cover 100 nt… (with a 100 nt beer special)

Thursdays this month Minstrel month (different singer/song writers… ) (cover 100 nt)

Fridays CrossRoads rock (cover 100 nt)

Saturdays always another great band (18th BoPoMoFo, 25th The Big Brass Balls Band…) cover 200 nt

(Please note that the cover is not for the bar but all for the musicians; musicians also have to make money, really…)

BeInBliss wrote:

Well, now you know. Barry, make sure your activities and bar are mentioned in www.taiwannights.com. PM me !