Blowing up mosques

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]:lol: Nice one Bob H.

Just a thought, in the scheme of things, a few cartoons by infidels in a Danish fish wrap or believers, albeit of a somewhat different order, blowing up a mosque, which is worse? Do you think now they’ll ease up on threatening the cartoonists?

HG[/quote]

No, because this is just an Iraq issue, not an Iran issue.

And others will think, first they draw pictures of Mohammed and now they force us to blow up our own mosques… :s

Oh dear, I for one feel very bad now.

HG

"Things are not good in Baghdad. . . .

No one went to work today as the streets were mostly closed. The situation isn

[quote=“spook”]"Things are not good in Baghdad. . . .

No one went to work today as the streets were mostly closed. The situation isn

Maybe it is Bush’s fault. Maybe EVERYTHING is Bush’s fault. This is good, because it means nothing is my fault.

All gallows humor aside, how do you expect to be taken seriously if you’re going to give President Bush credit for far-flung positive developments in the Middle East but hold him blameless for negative developments in Iraq.

The facts appear to be that the Bush administration destabilized a volatile part of the Middle East largely because of a lack of understanding of its complexities and created a potentially catastrophic power vacuum there. Unfortunately the most aggressive, evil element in Islamic society – Wahhabism – has filled part of that power vacuum with increasingly destructive consequences.

[quote=“spook”]All gallows humor aside, how do you expect to be taken seriously if you’re going to give President Bush credit for far-flung positive developments in the Middle East but hold him blameless for negative developments in Iraq.

The facts appear to be that the Bush administration destabilized a volatile part of the Middle East largely because of a lack of understanding of its complexities and created a potentially catastrophic power vacuum there. Unfortunately the most aggressive, evil element in Islamic society – Wahhabism – has filled part of that power vacuum with increasingly destructive consequences.[/quote]

Just smokin 'em out.

Spook, you’ve really got me curious now. Why do you care so much about Bush and Iraq? Are you an Iraqi? Do you have family there? Did Bush do something to one of your family members?

Why is this the thing you focus your time and enery on, and not Kim Jong II, the genocide in Darfur, Japanese whaling, Kentucky Fried Cruelty, stray dogs in Taipei, child abuse, etc.

I wonder this about everybody.

Haliburton stock has been in a slight decline since the end of January. I would have thought that blowing up the Mosque would have helped.

[quote=“trebuchet”]Spook, you’ve really got me curious now. Why do you care so much about Bush and Iraq? Are you an Iraqi? Do you have family there? Did Bush do something to one of your family members?

Why is this the thing you focus your time and enery on, and not Kim Jong II, the genocide in Darfur, Japanese whaling, Kentucky Fried Cruelty, stray dogs in Taipei, child abuse, etc.

I wonder this about everybody.[/quote]

Two reasons. We’re at war there with an average of a dozen U.S. casualties (killed and wounded) per day that will probably end up being the longest shooting war in U.S. history.

The other reason is that the Iraq war is a clash of civilizations involving half the world’s population which has the potential to spiral out of control into apocalyptic proportions.

I am interested in the threat North Korea poses to the U.S. and the wretched genocide going on currently in Darfur and have started topics on them in the past.

That’s great. :notworthy:

A mind is a terrible thing. :unamused:

A mind is a terrible thing. :unamused:[/quote]
Anything that will prolong the conflict is good for Halliburton.

Anything that will prolong the conflict is good for Halliburton.[/quote]

Yeah, them and hundreds of other companies. The war is doing wonders for CNN and al-jazeera, phillip morris and penthouse too.

. . and to come full circle, 'slamofascists too.

HG

Yeah, them and hundreds of other companies. The war is doing wonders for CNN and al-jazeera, phillip morris and penthouse too.[/quote]
Maybe so, but I haven’t heard that penthouse stock has tripled since the start of the war.
And wouldn’t it be nice if moderators set a good example by refraining from calling people stupid.

phillip morris and penthouse ? You lost me.

Soldiers. They get bored sitting around in humvees all day waiting to be blown up and resort to the most basic of pleasures.

Sorry Richardm, where?

HG

Yeah, them and hundreds of other companies. The war is doing wonders for CNN and al-jazeera, phillip morris and penthouse too.[/quote]
Maybe so, but I haven’t heard that penthouse stock has tripled since the start of the war.
And wouldn’t it be nice if moderators set a good example by refraining from calling people stupid.[/quote]

Did I? A bit sensitive today? I mean, reading your normal daily quips one wouldn’t think that my statement would be a big deal to you. Unless it’s the source that makes it hurt?

Why don’t you just say what you mean in one post instead of cryptically fishing for reponses? There are many stocks that have tripled since the war began. But I guess they’re all not the epitome of evil like Halliburton eh?

Cigarettes and jackoff mags are surely doing well because of long deployments in Iraq and S.A.

Cigarettes and jackoff mags are surely doing well because of long deployments in Iraq and S.A.[/quote]
Wouldn’t they jack off no matter where they were?

[quote]That’s great.

A mind is a terrible thing. [/quote]
I took that as an insult, but maybe I misread it wrong.

And sorry for being off topic, but there is no logical reason for waging this war other than profits. It’s not just Halliburton, but they are the easy target.