Boeing foreign policy sucks

I guess that’s what she thinks she has to do to keep alive her dwindling hopes of being Chen’s running mate.

I’m surprised by the reaction of many here.

If the vice president of a large economy – one whose national carrier had just signed a deal worth hundreds of millions of U.S. dollars – wanted to visit Boeing, I don’t think there’s much question that the company would not just accede to the request but fall over itself to give the official a warm welcome.

Boeing has not shown the vice president, and consequently Taiwan, proper respect. That she may have wanted to grandstand is immaterial.

Taiwanese women do not lie. never, never, never, stop it now. You all are shattering my world.

Chou

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2003/01/22/191933

Perhaps Annette Lu was going to “demand” a discount for the planes already purchased. Annette the bargain hunter.

As a friend noted today, it’s funny that during the recent Rolls Royce et al engine controversey, the government said it wouldn’t interfere with China Airlines’ business decisions. Now government officials are talking about pushing CAL to cancel their deal for Boeing planes. Not that I’m justifying what Boeing did to Lu, but the government too often reacts in knee-jerk ways with little thought about the long-term consequences.

That’s right, because Europe cares about Taiwan sovereignty and not about catering to China.[/quote]

Slam dunk!

That’s right, because Europe cares about Taiwan sovereignty and not about catering to China.[/quote]

Slam dunk![/quote]

Asking for the orders to go to MD or Antonov is hardly a serious alternative, now is it?

Slam dunk my ass.

What’s wrong with MD? They make heavies don’t they?

In matters of Chinese face, cutting of the nose is apposite.

Uh . . . McDonnell-Douglas was bought out by Boeing at least four years ago. The only production line still going on the civilian side is for the 717, and it probably isn’t going to survive much longer (it almost didn’t go into production at all).

How the Japanese feel about Boeing (you have to scroll down a bit):

homepage1.nifty.com/kaoki/ryokou … apore1.htm

Me can no read the Japan language. :frowning: Maybe you go find Japan forum post in it to.

Soddom, there are only two words (and they’re both in English) on that page that you need to know.

Oh, yes, I read those. Sorry, I didn’t realise it reflected, as you say, “how the Japanese feel about boeing.” :?

We still haven’t heard from Boeing directly in this matter and I am amazed that not one reporter has called Beoing for a comment. The TT today says this ridiculous poop:

…DPP Legislator Chen Chin-jun, another member of Lu’s delegation, confirmed that the Boeing visit had been on the itinerary for Lu’s stopover in Seattle.

“The official itinerary stated that the delegation was to visit the aircraft maker from 3pm to 5pm on August 18,” Chen said, showing reporters his copy of the itinerary.

Dear Legislator Chen:
Just because your official itinerary supplied by the Lu travel agency said there was to be a visit from 3 pm to 5 pm doesnt mean it was ever confirmed. In fact, on August 11, Beoing notified the Lu travel agency that the visit to the plant was off, but that a visit to the port area was being arranged. Lu said NO to that change of plans and then used the change in venue to turn it into a THEY REFUSED ME whine. This entire thing makes Taiwan look so silly in the international arena, all because of a whine bag named Annette Lu. Terrible. Someone should muzzle her. When you are in a foreign country, on just a stopover visit, knowing of the world situation, please act diplomatically. Dear Ms Lu, you fucked up royally and your reputation is now shit!

This was the nail in her coffin of public “service.” Abian should have sacked her two years ago. What a screwy broad! And yet, she is Taiwan isn’t she? She is part of what makes Taiwan so maddeningly mad…and a fun place to live!

washingtontimes.com/world/200308 … -1630r.htm

finally a balanced story from overseas on this sorry mess.

Furor follows cutting of vice president’s Boeing visit

By David R. Sands
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

From Washington Times: “Taiwan’s transport minister has demanded that China Airlines, the state-controlled national carrier, lodge a formal protest with Boeing, and several key parliamentarians and leading newspapers have suggested canceling a massive $2 billion contract for 10 747-400 jumbo jets awarded to Boeing last year after heavy lobbying by U.S. officials.” I guess the government’s recent statement that it would not interfere with CAL’s business decisions doesn’t mean much to some officials.

Fortunately, the guy at the top is keeping his head: “President Chen’s office has said the incident should not be allowed to affect overall U.S.-Taiwanese relations.”

Taiwan can’t be so stupid as to really cancel the order. All this bluster is just a few days show for domestic consumption to “preserve Taiwan’s national dignity.”

Besides, if the Taiwan’s Boeing order was unilaterally cancelled then the US may turn arround and say that selling some of those weapons systems like the submarines, Kidd class destroyers, etc may be in jeopardy. Taiwan does not have any chips to play in this game and the US is holding all the aces.

That’s not fair! The U.S. should only do that if Formosa Plastics won’t let Dick Cheney visit.

[quote=“formosa”]http://washingtontimes.com/world/20030820-094317-1630r.htm

finally a balanced story from overseas on this sorry mess.

[/quote]

Dear all,

Is this newspaper a religious periodical? Inquring minds want to know.

No, it’s a

Kobo Daishi, a bit off message but good point. The Wash Times is a Moonie paper, but the Church does not ever interfere with editorial content. It is a good newspaper, in the top 20 of USA papers. Of course, it is important to note that the paper is owned by the Rev. Moon, and his looney Moonies, God save the Queen, but other than that, the news side of the newspaper is NOT controlled by the mindcontrolled Moonies. Not any more than at any other newspaper. But good point to bring up, just so that everyone KNOWS. Yes, it is a Moonie paper. Ugh. And it is also very right wing conservative as a result yes. But not Moonie religionified. Just right wing to the core, hates communism, etc, loves Taiwan. Yes. Notice the liberal Wash Post did not report this story at all. Why?