Bogarts Smokehouse Nangang

What in the world happened? I showed up at my usual 11:15. No parking anywhere and about 25 people already in line. Drove around a bit but then ended up leaving.

There must have been some type of review recently. Saturday is now out as a Bogart’s option for me.

2 Likes

25 ppl at 11:15 on a Saturday ?? I would have walked away too…
the place is really good, but not that good :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve only ever had Tony’s since Bogarts seemed like an impossible feat.

Yep When I was there at 11:30 it looked like 50 ppl outside already. Walked away, will try weekday :joy: Nangang is crazy busy today for some reason

1 Like

The annual coffee exhibition is on! Lots of reasons to be in Nangang this weekend.

Guy

4 Likes

Today, accidentally showed up at 11am, 30 minutes before opening and about 10 people in front of us

By the time walked out after 11:30 opening there were at least 100 people in line.

I don’t wait for food in lines, but had some free time, today I did and it was worth it.

Bought a few racks and going to freeze.

2 Likes

I’m guessing some type of publicity recently. Good to see them doing so well, but this is too much work for me to get a meal.

Just a reminder, Parklife has at least 3 different sandwiches made with Bogarts products. All very good.

ParkLife Drinking Room Taipei

6 Likes

I ate in Bogart’s today. Happy. Even more because I didn’t have to wait.

7 Likes

So I guess they’re okay on weekdays? It was a nightmare the last time I went on a weekend. A very long line already formed well before opening time. I haven’t gone since then but I could use some more barbecue (I went to Ed’s Diner last weekend and will be going to Salt Lick in Hualien over the Tombsweeping weekend).

BTW, why do you have sauce all over the top of your bun? I see you got their spicy and sweet pickles (forget the name). Yum.

1 Like

I’ve only been there on weekdays, and I’ve never waited nor had trouble getting a table. But I also usually go there slightly before or after typical lunch hours.

1 Like

Trick is to go during the week a little after the lunch hour. I went last week at 130 and there was hardly a line.

2 Likes

My first time was on a Saturday. 5pm and they were sold out already.

My second first time was on a Friday. 11:30 and there were people waiting already.

Yesterday, Wednesday, at 11:45 was fine, kind of empty actually.

Today, at 13:30, it’s also okay. There are empty chairs.

It’s stock. I didn’t add any sauce.

3 Likes

You went again? You lucky dog! So I guess my next visit will be during the week. No more weekend craziness.

2 Likes

I couldn’t resist.

2 Likes

Today it was the Saint Louie sandwich. Very good, but it isn’t a contender for the burnt ends sandwich, this one is heaven in your mouth.

2 Likes

I heard this place might be closed now? I was in that area yesterday and I asked someone I knew who has a store nearby and he said he does not see much going on over there. Does anybody know for sure?

Their facebook page is still active today. Well, yesterday.

Ooo, they’ve got Bogart’s pastrami sandwiches this weekend.

Damn I wish more of these places were open in the afternoon.

1 Like

Parklife is very much open. Was there couple days ago. Big party tonight.

Definitely not closed