Bogarts Smokehouse Nangang

For this joint, that is late. Better for lunch when everything is still available.

EDIT: Plus what @marasan said.

Guy

2 Likes

We went a few Saturdays ago after the Taipei Cycle. Before 5pm and it was already sold out. Hunter came out and had a very nice chat with us. He even apologized for being closed already (no need). It was a shame because I was hungry and really looking forward to eat there for the first time.

We’re finally going back tomorrow. This time, at noon. We learned our lesson.

1 Like

I’m hungry now.

1 Like

Bogart’s opens at 11:30 am. :grin:

Guy

2 Likes

Parklife has Bogart’s sandwiches at night

:howyoudoin:

2 Likes

11:25

8 Likes

It was good. It met my expectations. I was even tempted to take a sandwich away for dinner. But I have to save some fat space for the summer.

5 Likes

People on their way or coming home from a trip, people that just threw on whatever they had came over looks like maybe the first time out of the house in a week, homeless people with a cart full of trash…

Everybody loves it

1 Like

I’m gonna tell my daughter what you think about her stroller. She will prepare a very fresh poo just for you :wink:

2 Likes

Bogart’s is really good, better than I had expected. Like when someone tells you a burger place is good, but it’s just ok and I don’t really care about burgers. But Bogart’s is really good. Like you are eating it and are aware all the time that this is really good food

9 Likes

When the food still tastes great at the end of a filling meal, you know it’s good.

Bogart’s Smokehouse is closed for their annual break, August 29th through September 5th (that’d be 2022, in case someone is looking at this in the distant future), reopening September 6th.

Not that I know anyone who was in Nangang today and was looking forward to eating at Bogart’s.

Their Facebook page: Bogart's Smokehouse Taipei

7 Likes

Still fantastic. Two full slabs and sides for a family of four. Forget the chicken. Pass on the sandwiches. Just get ribs and sides.

3 Likes

Go to Parklife for Bogarts pulled pork sandwiches. Yum.

6 Likes

Bogart’s is so damn good and I f****** love the food. Easily the best in Taiwan.

So damn popular they’re resorting to some oddly unfriendly-to-customer service.

In Chinese it just says please come in.

In English it says this other stuff.

• Enter with TOTAL group (don’t know what that means)

• Order TOGETHER at counter (don’t know what that means)

• WAIT till we seat you ( I think that means don’t go chop a table first)

• OR YOU WILL NOT BE SEATED

1 Like

It says, “Please wait till your whole group has arrived to come in.”

4 Likes

They are pretty much saying wait until your whole group is there before going inside, the whole group must order at the same time, they will tell you where to sit and order before sitting.

I don’t think the sign is too unfriendly. The dine in area is kind of small, so they need to keep the customers flowing.

2 Likes

I saw something similar at a BBQ joint back in the states recently. We were tired AF and grabbed a table anyway :slight_smile: Got yelled at, but it was worth it. Rude NYers lol

3 Likes

To me, Bogart’s is strictly take-out. If I want a nice sit-down barbecue meal, I will go to Ed’s Diner. At Bogart’s, you go through a little unpleasantness as you wait in line, get shuffled in, quickly place your order, and then get shuffled out. But it’s all worth it to me when I’m really in the mood for some American barbecue.

BTW, in the “Sold Out” sign above, is that 謝 squared? I like that.

2 Likes

Nangang Park is not far. Good place for a picnic.

2 Likes