Born in Taiwan but raised in a different country

Is anyone here in forumosa is born in taiwan but raise in different country and lack of chinese how did you study here in taiwan ?

1 Like

The two obvious choices are start studying Chinese or look for a university program in English :man_shrugging:

1 Like

do we have that opportunity to study in taiwan in english taught?

Where were you raised and what is your main language?

If you got the money, Taiwan’s got the opportunity.

Holy cow!

3 Likes

Jesus, it’s a frikkin’ cow fest in here…

2 Likes

Yes. I don’t have a convenient list of options, but several of us teach at universities that offer degree programs in English. Lots of choices. Think about what and where you want to study

main language is english and tagalog in the philippines

yeah i did go to lunghwa university here in taiwan and ask but the admin was so clueless lol

What city and what subject ?

i told them i want to get computer science at first and second option is information technology but they cant speak english he said he can speak but ended up talking nonsense . its located in taoyuan city . he ask if i have this kind of exam passed for chinese proficiency i explain and then they are just clueless afterwards

If you want to study computer science, a distance learning degree might be an option. I’m currently doing one with the University of London. There are definitely advantages and disadvantages to the programme, but you might have better luck with it if you don’t speak Chinese.

For compsci online is a good option, unless you want to work in Taiwan

If you want to study in Taiwan, do you care where?

how much it will cost us if we study in london?

i mean is that online class?

i have no idea where i should study but i was plsnning in fujen university here in new taipei there is alot international student there but yeah i cant be one of them because i am local taiwanese and the funny thing is i cant realky speak in chinese just basics

Do you understand that there are other universities ?

yes but it should be more convenient if the uni is just near my home place

How is it? I considered doing this, but went with The Open University instead because it doesn’t require as much maths. Also, I heard elsewhere that Taiwan doesn’t recognise online degrees. Is that true?