Bourbon whiskey and its renaissance

Where did you pick that up from and how much was it?

@Poundsand is down in bourbon country somewhere. EC isn’t hard to find over in these parts though

64%! They’re not joking! A little water might open that up more

yea, has a reputation for being the best reasonably priced whiskey that’s relatively easy to find around here… some parts of the country, people apparently snatch them up above retail.

barrel proof, so varies (they do 3 batches a year) - typically between 60-70%. this one was just under 63%.

1 Like

Is Buffalo&Trace any good?

Buffalo Trace is solid, but has gotten a bit of a cult following. Now that everyone is on the Pappy VanWinkle train, everything associated with Buffalo Trace distillery seems annoyingly difficult to get. good for it’s price, but not worth paying a premium for (it’s super cheap in socal (used to get it under $20), but seemingly impossible to find in GA. the few times I’ve seen it on the shelf it’s over $50).

1 Like

Ok these were bought as a gift for me by my daughter when she came back from the US. I polished of one bottle and I’m starting on that Sagamore Rye Whiskey. It’s so damn good I feel guilty drinking it. It’s high proof at 106 .

1 Like

I’ve enjoyed some of the stuff from High West before, rather liked their double rye which I’d use in Sazeracs since I like em spicy. Wouldn’t really drink it on it’s own tho :smiley:

1 Like