Bourbon whiskey and its renaissance

That’s how I’m drinking it. That 45%. Wooo-hooo. I hlkcbvu jklan! Hel ya! Djhudaan bbu. Hlko.

1 Like

Maker’s Mark definitely one of Kentucky’s better Bourbons. Although it’s technically not a bourbon if you’re in the market to try something new I’ve noticed lately in a few PX markets around the area there is Bushmills Irish whiskey and it’s nothing like the Irish whiskey they sell in Costco it’s more like a bourbon and it’s fantastic!

Correction there is no Bushmills Irish whiskey in Taiwan at all damn it now the supply will run out

A friend had that at a pub in the Ximen area. They had three varieties. Can get the name of the place if it’s a life or death situation.

FB_IMG_1561605421068

My local PX Mart is stocking Bushmills Original, on sale at NT$429/70cl. They have it slotted with the wines and sorghum whiskies. At first I thought they’d made a stocking error (it’s the only whiskey in this area; it is not up front with the other brown liquors), but last time I was there so was Bushmills.

I’ll try to snap a photo later this afternoon.

1 Like

And it’s on sale now. Again, my local PX Mart. :grin:

3 Likes

Since there is no “green with envy” button, i had to use the like button

1 Like

Not bad. I like Jameson better but you can’t beat that price.

IMG_20190703_190806~2

1 Like

Had some Michter’s Rye tonight. Down home sipping whisky

read that.
sounds like a lot.
Jim Beam drinkers should stock up.

Good small liquor store here on corner of Jinzhou and Linsen with nice bourbon selection and good prices.

2 Likes

Great price, wonder if still near that price

Not bad at all. Never had bourbon that is sweet. It might be a common thing. I’m not very experienced with this whisky variety. Anyway fairly decent. Wife bought it over a month ago and can’t remember the cost. I’m guessing a bit under 1,000 nt. The labels say it much better than I could. It’s a Kirkland brand.

Interesting a sweet drink, maybe made for Taiwan tastes? would not do well on Japan.

1 Like

My brother in law is a bourbon drinker and he reports that you can buy this in the US as well. I guess it’s considered good by bourbon drinkers and very good for the price. That’s exactly how I feel about the Kirkland 12 year blended scotch.

2 Likes

:astonished:

Bourbon is almost always described as sweet (relatively of course.

I just picked up a bottle.of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. Pretty well regarded, but I’m not loving it. And I’m not exactly sure why… maybe just expecting too much from it.

1 Like

You drinking it straight?

tried it neat, tried it with a cube of ice.

1 Like