Boy kills pig, is this for real?

They’re saying this lardy little eleven year old put eight pistol rounds - no, canon rounds (0.50 pistol rounds!) into the pig posing in front of him before chasing it for three hours (I don’t think the little fatty is capable of three hours of running) and giving it the coup-de-gras. Daddy and two guides?

I’m not having any of it. Fer chrissake, that’s a freakin’ elephant not a pig!

[quote]Child kills pig
May 27, 2007

An 11-year-old boy used a pistol to kill a wild pig his father says weighed a staggering 476 kilograms and measured 2.74 metres, from the tip of its snout to the base of its tail.

If the claims are accurate, Jamison Stone’s trophy boar would be bigger than “Hogzilla”, the famed wild pig killed in south Georgia in 2004.

Hogzilla originally was thought to weigh 453.6 kilograms and measure 3.6 metres long. National Geographic experts who unearthed its remains believe the animal actually weighed about 362.8 kilograms and was 2.4 metres long.

Regardless of the comparison, Jamison is revelling in the attention over his pig.

“It feels really good,” Jamison said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. “It’s a good accomplishment. I probably won’t ever kill anything else that big.”

Jamison, who killed his first deer at age five, was hunting with father Mike Stone and two guides in east Alabama on May 3. He said he shot the huge animal eight times with a .50-calibre revolver and chased it for three hours through hilly woods before finishing it off with a point-blank shot.

Through it all, there was the fear that the animal would turn and charge them, as wild boars have a reputation for doing.

“I was a little bit scared, a little bit excited,” said Jamison.

His father said that, just to be extra safe, he and the guides had high-powered rifles aimed and ready to fire in case the beast, with 12-centimetre tusks, decided to charge.

Trees had to be cut down and a backhoe brought in to bring Jamison’s prize out of the woods.

It was hauled on a truck to the Clay County Farmers Exchange, where Jeff Kinder said they used his scale, recently calibrated, to weigh the pig.

Mike Stone said the scale balanced one notch past the 476 kilogram mark.

“It probably weighed 1,060 pounds. We were just afraid to change it once the story was out,” he said.

The pig’s head is being mounted by taxidermist Jerry Cunningham.

“It’s huge,” Cunningham said. “It’s just the biggest thing I’ve ever seen.”

Mike Stone is having sausage made from the rest of the animal. “We’ll probably get 500 to 700 pounds (317.5 kilograms),” he said.

Jamison, meanwhile, has been offered a small part in The Legend of Hogzilla, a small-time horror film based on the tale of the Georgia boar. The movie is holding casting calls with plans to begin filming in Georgia.

AP[/quote]

HG

The picture has been exaggerated through simple perspective (the boy is about 6 meters behind the pig, but the camera angle is carefully chosen so the pig obscures the details of this distance). The same trick is used to make the hobbits look tiny next to Gandalf in LOTR and to make Hagrid look huge next to the students in HP.

The picture has been exaggerated through simple perspective (the boy is about 6 meters behind the pig, but the camera angle is carefully chosen so the pig obscures the details of this distance). The same trick is used to make the hobbits look tiny next to Gandalf in LOTR and to make Hagrid look huge next to the students in HP.[/quote]

One of the workers at my factory raises pigs, and he claims he’s got a 1,000+kilo porker on his farm. I’ll get a picture with it to compare.

That photo is a fake. Forced perspective, as DB says.

Thanks for the perspective, guys. Now why would I believe anything else from that story?

Looking forward to the one tonne piggy!

HG

Yeah, MJB, FORCED perspective – that’s the term I actually wanted, but the brain failed. :smiley:

One can legitimately consider the pic a ‘fake’ as MJB states, since forced perspective is used presumably with the intent to deceive. On the other hand, or to put it another way, the pic is also probably a genuine, unretouched photograph, captured exactly as you see it. It’s just that they way you see it is deceptive in terms of intended perception.

Don’t know about the pic but the kid did kill a 1,000+ pig. It was all over the news. My question is-how in the hell is something that big living without being noticed or cause havok? :noway:

One would hope, kid.

[quote]
My question is-how in the hell is something that big living without being noticed or cause havok?[/quote]
Well, it was a wild pig. It lived in the forest. The forest is big.

[quote]
Mike Stone is having sausage made from the rest of the animal. “We’ll probably get 500 to 700 pounds (317.5 kilograms),” he said. [/quote]
“What’s fer dinner ma?”
“Oh shaddup!”

The Army should be all over him in the next few years.

Hogzilla was all over the news too…And it turned out to be 300pounds smaller than stated, despite the hillbilly’s claims that they had weighed it before burial. It’s no wild boar…Just your average feral Porker.

Can a pig be that big? Hell yes…My coworker is going to slaughter a 1,200kg porker on the 10th if anyone is interested. I doubt the thing can even run.

By the way, the Collared Peccary is the only true North American Pig-like animal.

Can we have a “pig kills boy” story with a picture of pig proudly standing over the corpse of an unarmed child ?

Ask and ye shall receive.

[quote]Pig kills boy

NEW DELHI : A three-year-old boy was gored to death by a pig at Samaipur Badli in North-West Delhi on Tuesday. The police have arrested the owner of the pig. . . Ajay died on the spot. Before passers-by could scare the pig away, it had eaten portions of the child’s neck and chest.[/quote]
hinduonnet.com/2006/11/29/st … 340100.htm

Sorry no picture though. And, it’s not as satisfying as one might have hoped for. :frowning:

yeah, of course it’s real, it’s on the internets, isn’t it?

As a former javelina hunter myself (Butte county California—but never got one!) I wanted it to be true but alas…

stinkyjournalism.org/newsdetail.php?id=45

The first thing I thought about it, that in my mind made it bullshit, was the fact that javelina are very, very, dangerous. When I hunted them, we hunted in sets of three guys, two guys with 12 ga. Shotguns with deer slugs…and we were hunting normal sized javelina (i.e. the size of large dogs). And all three of us were in our early 30s and all three of us were in very good physical shape.

So the hillbillies are letting the little porker kid take care of business…bullshit on that. Javelina when wounded, cornered or defending their young are basically on par with Cape Buffalo for their dangerousness. But then, maybe hillbilly dad does not care if the kid gets gored to death.

In any event it joins the long list of deep south hunting bullshit stories. Too bad, I was born on the Florida panhandle, now the Yankees will mock us southerners as bullshitters.

Take care,
Col. Brian

I was wondering if guard duty wasn’t top priroity for the two guides out with dad and son.

[quote]His father said that, just to be extra safe, he and the guides had high-powered rifles aimed and ready to fire in case the beast, with 12-centimetre tusks, decided to charge.
[/quote]

Looks to me like an organised and paid for hunt.

But javelina, eh? I just did some reading on them, it said you usually smell them before you see them because of some gland. Oish!

HG

[quote=“brianlkennedy”]. Too bad, I was born on the Florida panhandle, now the Yankees will mock us southerners as bullshitters.
[/quote]

Oh we’ve been doing that since we won the war :smiling_imp:

What was the kid doing with a gunn in the first place?

I think I read something about him killing he’s first pig at 5 years old.
Disturbing.

[quote=“Stian”]What was the kid doing with a gunn in the first place?

Disturbing.[/quote]

Probably protecting his family. It’s his Constitutional right. You Europeans wouldn’t understand.

[quote=“Stian”]What was the kid doing with a gunn in the first place?

Disturbing.[/quote]Stian -
Its called hunting.
Wild pigs are also known as wild boars. Wild boar hunting has been a European sport for a 1000 years or so.
Wild pig, or boar, hunting is also widely enjoyed in the USA. Wild pigs(oars) are in a great number of states and are even so plentiful in some areas as to be considered damaging to the forests and woodlands. They eat by ‘rooting’ which tears up the fauna.
Also, they taste pretty darn good.
I have hunted wild pigs(boars) in 5 states or so and it is good sport.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Also, they taste pretty darn good.
I have hunted wild pigs(boars) in 5 states or so and it is good sport.[/quote]

Did you get any? Hold a pig roast in the yard? :sunglasses: