Boycott 85°C?

What about the beans?

Origin may have something to play, but teh lighter teh roasting, more caffeine, darker, less caffeine. Medium is just right to get teh chiocolaty flavor and a kick.

qqWoEI5

It is Friday afternoon. Totally understandable.

1 Like

It’s a combination of factors, bean, roast, method of extracting …
Some roasters add sugar during the roasting process to get a ultra dark roast, or/and some oil to make them extra shiny.

Exactly. Of all factors, roasting is the one that can help enhance the flavor… or ruin the whole batch.

Speaking of Cama, I hear the live roasting they do in their shops is just for show. As popular as they are, there’s no way a shop’s daily bean consumption can be sustained by that one machine run by one employee who meticulously picks through the beans. Most of what you get from Cama is made from factory pre-roasted beans.

Shall we boycott them…? :roll_eyes:

Probably better to make your own coffee anyway. These places are cute but are a money trap; much cheaper to make at home or at the office.

1 Like

Friday afternoon and y’all are talking about coffee?
Should be talking about beer in celebration of weekend is here.
:beer:

I’m loco for Four Loko!

A beer at home is cheaper too, going to a bar or cafe is probably not a good idea.

Is that on sale here?

wow, 12% abv. That’ll make things interesting after a few.

According to the Taipei Times no, but it can be found online, though it sounds like they might be Chinese knock-offs:

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2017/01/15/2003663149

"Authorities have warned that an alcoholic beverage called Four Loko may have been contaminated with an illicit drug after people complained about its effects.

Produced in the US, Four Loko is marketed as an energy drink, with a mix of alcohol and caffeine. In Taiwan it is commonly known as the “losing your virginity” drink. People have reportedly became unconscious after drinking the beverage and been sexually assaulted.

After several Taiwanese consumers complained of uncontrollable speech, unconsciousness and other side effects, the Ministry of Economic Affairs tested the product and found it contained gamma-hydroxybutyrate (GHB), a banned substance.

GHB is a sedative used in prescription sleeping pills and as a recreational intoxicant. Known for its ability to induce a short coma-like sleep for several hours, it has been called the “date rape” drug. It is a banned substance in Taiwan, a Class 2 narcotic, and its possession and consumption are illegal.

Four Loko has not been authorized for sale in Taiwan, but it can be bought online.

A man surnamed Chang (張), who was questioned by police, said he bought the beverage from Chinese online shopping site Taobao in August last year and has sold more than 1,000 cans of the drink.

The US producer Phusion Projects said their original product does not contain GHB.

Videos of people in Taiwan and Hong Kong acting in drunken and irrational ways and becoming unconscious after drinking one can of Four Loko have been circulating the Internet. Doctors have warned about the dangerous side effects of GHB.

I’ll take a six pack, cheers brah

Have became?

Copy, copy, copy?

1 Like

That’s what I think, he bought fake Four Loko cans.

Remember kids, accept no imitations.

You know your coffee. I didn’t know anything about coffee other than I liked it until I toured coffee plantations and they showed us how to grade and roast it. Coffee labels are deceiving in that they can put 10% Kona coffee and still call it Kona coffee. They don’t have to say 90% something else:) Dark roast is usually reserved for the less than perfect coffee beans. I like the medium roast. When I lived on the big island, I used to enjoy the American roast or their brown and tan. Sometimes light roast is a little too grassy for some tastes. https://www.mountainthunder.com/content/kona-coffee-roasts-0

There is a reason why coffee is so expensive. Too many nuances.

1 Like