Break Up

Could be a function of where you live too. Let’s just say there’s a lot of Section 8 types in Berkeley.

1 Like

Are you Corporal Clinger?

2 Likes

No.

No. I look much better in drag.

It’s a British verb derived from Section 4 of the Mental Health Act, which allows someone to be detained against their will if they are a danger to themselves or others due to being mentally incapacitated.
EDIT: sorry, was replying to tommy’s reply and didn’t read all the chatter that came earlier :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Check out John Come-Lately here :joy:

1 Like

I have lived in the Democratic People’s Republic of Kalifornia (DPRK) my entire life and did not know that either. Only familiar with Section 8 housing reference as well.

I knew some good would come from lurking about this forum.

2 Likes

This whole thing has been going on for 8 years. I doubt she has been waiting all these years without having someone else on the side. It’s not wrong if she did though, and it wouldn’t be wrong if you dated or had other relationships or (attempted relationships) on the side either.

It seems that both of you put in some casual effort in trying to get together but nothing concrete happened like moving in with each other (starting with moving to the same country) or escalating things to like family introduction, engagement or marriage etc…

If she has already stopped messaging you, it’s very likely that she has moved on. It’s even possible that she is already in a committed relationship with someone else. Don’t feel bad about it though. You are in a new place now. It’s a good time to move on and start again. If this thing didn’t work in 8 years it’s unlikely to work in the future.

You don’t have to actively start looking for a relationship to get a fresh start. IMO I don’t think it’s absolutely necessary to have a companion to be happy. There are so many examples of people those who would love to get away from their bad companions / toxic relationships. There are pros/cons to both, being alone vs being with someone. I have been alone for many years before finding my wife in Taiwan 3 years ago. Trust me, there are times when I miss the good old days :slight_smile:

Wandering isn’t so bad. Go out, explore and enjoy Taiwan. You will meet many people along the way, and perhaps you will meet “the one” at a place/time where you least expect it.

P.S. Also, it might help to setup a nice profile on Okcupid.com and go on a few dates. The last two times I logged in on it in Taiwan, the first time I ended up in a 1 year relationship, and next time I met my current wife, who I have been with for 3 years now and share a child with. :slight_smile:

To be fair though I am not a very picky person. I always try to make it work, even if the girl (off the internet) has a tendency to behave like a psycho from time to time.

3 Likes

You could do worse than be like him.

And plenty of people stand for stupid things.

Whatever you say you are of no help to me.

Ask the person in the mirror to help you
Or see a therapist

Massive ego ?

Well I can only share my point of view.

Did you ask your shrink about me ?

“ I have this friend…who…”

You went to your school counselor bc you found out someone else banged your girlfriend, taking her virginity and THAT BOTHERED YOU.

Yes…massive ego. :wink:

but I’m sure you’re much better now!

I was a kid who was very idealistic
Now I know better how things really work

But my point was the school counselor didn’t say anything of assistance

Happy thanksgiving

You as well!

1 Like

I can relate to this… I can’t just drop/forget people who are or were important in my life. It’s hard to move on.

Tommy, I feel you… I totally understand what you mean. It’s confusing times. Now, this usually happens with certain DVD’s that are not good for you. I have a couple of top quality DVD’s that you won’t stop watching. I’ll send you the details later.

3 Likes

It’s a shame the kiddy fiddler didn’t listen to his own advice.

1 Like

Since I stopped trolling the level has gone up, and not only because of me but beacause the younger generation of trolls is top notch. I mean, who the fuck is this guy and how does he come up with all this hilarious bullshit? there’s so much to learn from him.

1 Like

The line breaks amuse me.
Are these poems? Do they scan?
Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
Sonnet or not?