Break Up

But why would you ever listen to a motivational speaker?

1 Like

That’s a good point. One of my mates back home is one. I had to remove him from Facebook because of his incessant positive memes.

2 Likes

It could be a cry for help. Maybe you should reach out?

1 Like

My mum had an acqaintance like this. She would laugh and clap and say, “oh, what fun!” if the apocalypse was nigh.

Had a nervous breakdown in her mid 50s and ended up being sectioned.

1 Like

That’s Right!

Oh, you’re a Mormon?

1 Like

sectioned?? must be a s. african word. You mean quartered like the chinese used to do?

Indeed many who appear cheerful and happy all the time are harboring deep sadness.

Who says that clowns are happy themselves?
Many , even most are not.

I do wish there was a magic switch that we all could use to just not feel hurt when love dies…that is to say love dies in the person we love…and doesn’t die in us for that person.

It takes me about ten years to get over a true love. Have had a few true loves mind you and that meant a lot of “wasted” decades.

Wish we could just let them go like yesterday’s newspaper at the bottom of the canary’s cage…and remember that yesterday is gone forever…tomorrow is yet to happen…we only have today…so enjoy best we can…and stop remembering those who belong to yesterday.

I was playing a dvd recently of a long lost love. And strangely i finally felt no pain …because i realized that THAT person in that dvd is no longer the same person today as she was then…and even though I like to think i was the same person perhaps I am not either.
And strangely instead of a sense of loss? I felt that the person in the dvd was still mine, because the “phyical” person is no longer…but the metaphysical “her” is still the same…with me in my heart :slight_smile:

Mentally ill people who are at harm to themselves or others can be detained under Section 4 of the UK Mental Health Act. So, people get ‘sectioned’.

1 Like

OH morMON, i mis-read as MORON

But…fake it 'til you make it is such a good catchphrase!

2 Likes

ahh, we are separated by a common language i see

1 Like

Section 4 in the UK is similar to Section 8 in the U.S. Double the fun?

1 Like

wait doesnt section 8 means the govt pays your housing?? thats what i thought it meant…many landlords rent only to section 8 people. because the rent is guaranteed by the fed govt.

Yes, but Section 8 also became slang referring to people with mental problems in general.

been in cali 20 years and i never knew that

i.c. never been in the military so no wonder i didnt know that particular bit of slang i guess

Not just military. I’ve never served either.

well perhaps you don’t live as sheltered a life as i do/did :slight_smile: