Breakfast and Dinner in Da'an?

I’ll be staying in Da’an for a week , this my second time in Taipei .
I’d prefer to eat most breakfast and dinner meals in this neighborhood .
One of my favorite places last time was Orange Shabu Shabu .
I’m open to all price levels , all styles from casual to formal .
Would prefer local cuisine , followed by Chinese , Japanese , and other Asian . Fusion OK .
Really anything , even Western , as long as it’s done well .

https://www.instagram.com/daan.overthere_/

This place is great

That was quick , thanks ; looks good !

For traditional Taiwanese breakfast like shaobing youtiao, doujiang, danbing, go to the place on the corner of Fuxing road and Ruian street next to the fire station.

1 Like

Yong He Soy Milk King 永和豆漿大王 ?

1 Like

That’s the one!

Tien Hsia San Chueh , is a beef noodle place. Not so cheap for Beef noodles but good and since your in that area you should try once. (There are many cheaper nice one too if you think its priced to high

Thanks ; I’m open to all price levels .

A bit expensive for beef noodles, but not an expensive meal (depending on where your from you might think the noodles are not so expensive)

A good beef noodle soup in Honolulu Hawaii is US$ 14.95 .

This web page is quite good,

1 Like

Yes, prices going up ! Some Saimin shops charge more than that, even poi is expensive now

Dew Drop Inn , Honolulu .
Chef / Owner is Taiwanese .

1 Like

Thanks for the tip . I came across her page searching . I’ll check it out .

My sister told me beef noodle went from 14 dollars to 24 dollars in the states.

In most of the US you’d be lucky to even find beef noodle soup. I never found it in Boston, even though there was a Taiwanese restaurant in Chinatown. There was also one in Cambridge, but alas, no beef noodle soup. Just traditional stir-fried dishes to share.

In Austin that one Taiwanese restaurant actually has decent beef noodle. It was not expensive considering the place (about 9 dollars or so).

One nice thing about Asian restaurants is they don’t give you stink eyes for not tipping. It is simply not what Asians do.

I should have moved to Austin when I was in the US. Asian restaurants everywhere else in the US expected tips. In fact Asian waitresses were the most vocal when you forgot to tip.

By the way , there’s a new cookbook being released in USA Sept 19th :
Made in Taiwan: Recipes and Stories from the Island Nation by Clarissa Wei

1 Like

Maybe they should be more vocal about their boss paying them a fair wage, not force customers to pay their wage.

Also I’ve heard from people working in those restaurants that they are paid a fixed wage, which is why they are not as vocal about tips, though tips are distributed to everyone.