Breakup Advice

If you choose this route, be sure to hide all the fruit knives and any of your possessions you hold dear.

Run!

Whatever you do, make sure the rabbit is somewhere safe when you break the news to her, because…well…

5 Likes

One part of me wants to say that this is what you get for letting somebody lord over you and take over your life like this, and that your penance is having to put up with them until your lease is up. But two years is a pretty long time.

Incredibly, I think Tommy is on to something:

make her dislike you then hate being with you

Have you considered withdrawing all your financial support and banging other chicks?

6 Likes

Heh. I’d be worried her comments about knives and… cutting fruit might actually come true.

But yeah, it’s penance time. There actually may be a potential other way out… job offer from the US (working in a technical field here and may be an opportunity coming).

5 Likes

mate, grow a pair of grapefruits and kick her ass out.

in all seriousness(because everyone else is taking the piss out of you) , this is the right move. this kind of pushy shit will only get worse if the relationship goes on. you will be fucked if you guys get married. just end it now and learn a lesson about putting your foot down when it comes to this stuff. its typical behavior for asian girls. grow a pair. take the L and move on.

why should you move it? it was your place to begin with. why would your landlord care that you split up?

3 Likes

That sounds promising. If you do get the job, you’ll have to keep that under wraps until about a month before you leave. It’ll be unavoidably ugly toward the end, but you have to at least give her a reasonable amount of time to get her affairs in order before you leave.

You’ll also have to make sure she doesn’t try to trap you in the only other way she’ll have left, meaning you shouldn’t have sex with her at any point between now and the end.

Yeah, makes sense. That’s my best hope right now, honestly… but I’m prepared to do what I have to anyway. People have been pointing out that I’ve been too passive in letting her take over my life… and they’re right. It’s a camel-nose-under-the-tent kind of story though.

You’ll also have to make sure she doesn’t try to trap you in the only other way she’ll have left, meaning you shouldn’t have sex with her at any point between now and the end.

That probably won’t be terribly difficult. Sex hasn’t been one of her interests for a while now.

It may very well become one when she’s in panic mode and trying to convince her meal ticket not to leave her.

6 Likes

though it is not a wild rabbit, not so much different.

Take the job and pay her off six months rent. You’re the good guy.

If you can afford it, of course.

What is the best way to end a relationship?

Clear cut answers are few. I once got dumped by text message from a work colleague. I was ahead of the curve in this respect as it was in the late 90s.

To be fair assuming the OP is male he’s stastically highly unlikely to experience any serious physical impact.

2 Likes

Ah, but the forum simply eats up the psycho xiaojie narrative. :popcorn:

Six months?!

A gooder guy than me, to be sure…gooder than some real daddies.

3 Likes

What’s 6 month rent in Taoyuan going to be for a presumably 2 bed apartment. 120k? It’s not a massive hit to make everything go away.

That’s a good point. I have Taipei brain.

It would probably also shut her up, as it’s such a good deal.

IF it makes everything go away.

But, it won’t work. She’s had him under her power and control for so long and she’s not going to relinquish it without a fight.

Won’t happen. She already has a good deal.

“You do what I say, when I say without question! Oh…and you ain’t visiting the magical garden anytime soon, either!”

1 Like

I honestly think it would, as six months is enough time for her to find another fool.

I’ll take that bet. Bottle of scotch? Dinner? LOL

These types of people aren’t that stupid. She probably knows when it’s going to take too much effort to salvage, and see that it’d be much easier in the long run to simply take the six months rent and use that time to secure the next victim.

OP seems very much checked out. I think she’ll realize he cannot be retrieved.

1 Like

I’m with Hanna and rocket, eat the rabbit, bang other chicks and withdraw financial support. If she doesn’t hate you then, she is “barking” and you need to run… fast.

1 Like