Breakup Advice

Find somewhere else to move to, get a moving company to move you when she is out. Leave 2 months rent in an envelope, Hide for the next 6 months.

She is your guarantor on the lease so that’s her problem, the 2 months rent gives her a chance to cancel the contract without losing much money. you have somewhere new without her having keys to it.

1 Like

By the new lease laws you only need to tell the landlord one month in advance if you want to early terminate the contract and also they can only withhold 1 month of deposit.

1 Like

and in the meantime, pay her rent while she is banging / looking for other dudes. sweet deal!

OP you need to take a look at yourself, you care for someone who has shown no respect for you or your boundaries and you still want to dole out money even after your planned split. wtf?

2 Likes

The right thing to do is to end it respectfully like an adult. Be very firm and clear it’s over. Do not leave wiggle room for any other interpretation that she can do something to salvage it. There’s no way around her being hurt, it’s part of life and part of being in an adult relationship. They don’t always work out, this is the risk of putting yourself out there. I don’t think the creative ways people mentioned are right to do, if you want it do be over, say it upfront. She at least deserves that kind of respect even if it hurts.

To be clear, this is not the same thing as being an asshole and cruelly just kicking her out one day without notice. I would give her a 2 weeks to figure it out, during which you can stay at a hotel or a buddies house. 2 weeks is reasonable for her to find accommodations.

In the event she goes nuts, take the important stuff in the house. Document and take pictures of the house as well if she destroys it. Her name is on the lease right? She would also be responsible for damages.

Don’t blind side her when your lease ends with, nope i dont want this anymore. Don’t just make a major life decision live changing work and country for her. Just be a man and do it the right way. How she reacts is her issue, not yours. You owe it to her to do that and also to not waste any more of her time. That’s not fair to her.

10 Likes

Do not tolerate this behavior from your girl friend. Run away as soon as you can. Not married, no kids, what are you waiting for? Is the sex worth it? Can you see yourself having and raising kids together with this woman? So many eligible single women in Taiwan. There’s no need to be fed up by one bad example.

2 Likes

To be fair to the girl, some men might benefit from someone who is more controlling.

2 Likes

wow i need to look this up. in heat of summer i really want to move out of this place. but when its comfortable in winter, when i need to renew the contract im cool with it.

Yeah yeah, but the much cooler thing to do is to wage all-out war. Stop giving her money. Eat the rabbit. Bring home randos from the club. Tell her she’s fatty uggo with tiny eyes. The one who storms out first, loses.

2 Likes

didn’t know you were a david lynch fan!

Was literally just talking about this video.

1 Like

its the best isn’t it?

Vince shows more range in this clip alone than some Oscar winners have in their entire career. Not that the damn awards shows mean anything, but still.

1 Like

Get up in the night and pee in one of her shoes.
Every night.

It was in the local news and if I remember correctly also here in another thread on the Lega forum.

1 Like

You can’t have these in your conscience when ending things. I kind of understand that you guys have been together for awhile, but if you want to end things, best to make it a clean cut.

It seems like quite a complicated break up. Following @Andrew0409 's advice is never a bad choice.

3 Likes

You would too if you had an eight inch kitchen knife waving in your face at 2am by said Taiwanese PXJ.:neutral_face:
My life literally flashing before my eyes and yeah that was a breakup.

1 Like

I have a friend that had that exact same thing happen to him. He woke up and she was just standing there over him with a knife.

3 Likes

Regarding your stuff, gradually move it, starting with what’s most valuable and irreplaceable to you, to a safe location (e.g., a trusted friend’s place) while she’s away at work. Your documents (passport, ARC, etc.) should be top priority for keeping out of her reach.

1 Like

Imma keep it one hunnit wit you bro. You sound like a nice guy and she’s been taking advantage of you heavily. Talk it out, aka tell her you want to end it and if she reacts poorly, fuggit. Tell her she gotta dip. Maybe give her like 20k NTD max. At this point she isn’t your responsibility. NO MORE SEX. She finna lock u in wit a baby my guy. And then its time to do the race. gtfouttathere

One. This post makes me think your guns aren’t muscles.

Two

1 Like