Brexit

@Brianjones and I disagree on many things , but I bet you we could have come up with a solution , given 2 years… and some beers.

1 Like

Ce n’est certainement pas moi, quite the opposite in fact

puis-je avoir une évaluation de mon usurpation d’identité d’un Irlandais belligérant s’il vous plaît? :rofl:

C’était bien, mais je ne veux pas le contrarier. Il pourrait se mettre en colère :wink:

1 Like

C’est l’attitude des Anglais envers les Irlandais à l’époque actuelle

It’s a long history … :smile:

1 Like

Put Larry the Cat in charge

1 Like

In order to call another snap election May might have to back a call of no confidence in her own government.

Is it funny or sad?

1 Like

It’s freaking hilarious is what it is. Sorry!

1 Like

May was offered a Canada + deal by the EU just over a year ago.
I would have accepted that as would countless others.
Customs Union or single market membership is not leaving the EU.

I would not trust the majority of MPs to tell me the time in a room full of clocks.
I believe she is working on an agenda to make the UK remain in the EU.
The Bruges group announced recently Merkel essentially wrote her treaty.

Most leavers want ‘no deal’ now.
It is the MPs that want control with no responsibility that don’t. Those are the ones that will lose all current privileges as you say.
Millions that voted leave (including over 5 million Labour voters), have no privileges, hence the reason they voted the way they did.

The only thing that would save May and the Tories now is to leave on WTO terms.

2 Likes

Norway deal is what they should have gone for. The problem is Norway doesn’t want the UK in their ‘group’ cos it would mean more complications for them. It’s complicated stuff.

Check out my polls.

Remainers:

Leavers:

So my poll went well. Not really. If I chop out the 0-20 voters might be more realistic ?
Are there really folks posting here that are younger than 20 yrs old?
Thanks for ruining my poll if you aren’t under 20.

(From Jayarava Attwood’s Twitter account, @Jayarava:)

Brexiteers on 2nd referendum: You can’t just keep having votes until you get the result you want.

Govt: Theresa May ponders fourth bid to pass deal.

1 Like
1 Like

5 Likes

I’m not even going to click on that click bait.:wink:

Not really clickbait . Just disappointing to see what we were faithfully promised , compared to the true reality. If you watch it , it may help you appreciate the vexation that we feel towards politicians on Brexit .

1 Like

You are not that surprised I bet. In fact it is a sad part of reality that no matter what side a politician is on, at the back of your mind is the suspicion that nothing they say should be trusted or taken at face value.

1 Like

Well, yes, but Brexit has taken it to another level. It’s like voting for one party and being given another one in a GE. It’s outrageous.

1 Like

Where are we with “options” now? I heard they voted “no” to basically everything so far.

Long extension (year(s)), I don’t think that will go down well.
Another General election, again, not going to make people happy.
UK remaining part of the EU customs union only got beat by 3 votes, definitely would make the Brexitors unhappy (no way to make deals with other countries).
May won’t entertain the idea of another vote.

Combination of long delay and May stepping down?