Brexit

We love Big Brussels. Who were the idiots who ever thought we could run our own affairs?

Wrexit keeps happening.

Like an evil ex-spouse showing their true colors after a bad marriage:

She blames the Portuguese immigration and borders service, SEF.

“SEF is wilfully, deliberately and systemically not adhering to the withdrawal agreement, resulting in the physical, emotional and financial suffering of thousands of UK nationals living in Portugal,” she said.

1 Like

So all of Europe is evil, not just Brussels now?

Come, come- you should realise by now that whatever goes wrong is always the fault of those perfidious malign foreigners, and never the fault of the hapless put-upon British.

Did you read the article? Whether you supported brexit or not, both sides agreed to not fuck over the foreign residents already there.

1 Like

Eumao are everywhere in Europe but all roads lead back to Brussels and its pique that Britons chose not to part of One Europe while they still had a chance.

1 Like

Ireland’s GDP per capita is now more than double that of the UK. I never thought I’d see that happen.

I’m in England at the moment and it doesn’t feel poor, but that might be down to the people I mix with.

GNI per capita gives a better idea of what is going on.

Even then the UK is a bit low though.

It also has Australia pretty low on the list but I think most Australians should be doing quite well.

Norway , Denmark, Switzerland, these kind of countries feel rich.

No pleasing some people.

2 Likes

Inflation in the eurozone is continuing to soar to record highs, hitting 8.9 per cent in July.

Don’t forget Jolly Old:

UK inflation hits new 40-year high of 9.4% as cost-of-living crisis deepens. The consumer price index rose 9.3% annually, in line with a consensus forecast among economists polled by Reuters and up slightly from 9.1% in May.

1 Like

Does talk of the U.K. as if it’s still in Europe.

Way it is: Friend from my home town has sold his 3 bed terrace house, south east England, retiring to Northern Ireland, 4 bed modernised, extended farmhouse, with huge barn and 5 acres of paddock. Half the price he sold English house for. OK for some!
I’ve said I will never live the U.K. permanent ever again, not because of Brexit because I hate living there and did long before. retire to NI? When a Unified Ireland, before the house prices rise.
My older brother moved to Spain 3 years ago has now taken Spanish nationality with no intention of ever coming back to U.K.
The times they are a changing.

1 Like