Brexit

Project Fear was right according to the Torygraph.

The Worm has Turned.

Downbeat predictions by the Treasury and others on the economic consequences of leaving the EU, contemptuously dismissed at the time by Brexit campaigners as “Project Fear”, have been on a long fuse, but they have turned out to be overwhelmingly correct, and if anything have underestimated both the calamitous loss of international standing and the scale of the damage that six years of policy confusion and ineptitude has imposed on the country.

Good to see you posting in the correct thread.
Make you happy news

I know a number of people and property developers who are selling up vastly inflated price England, Home, Counties houses, buying in NI on the strength of unification and a rise in prices.
Norther Ireland will be full of wealthy English people bragging about how easy it was.

It’s full of English poor people now.

Really, I wouldn’t know haven’t visited for 20 years.
People I know are not rich as in rich but will be well off selling properties in Home Counties England and buying in NI.
Seems to all the rage In County of Buckinghamshire where I’m from.

Buckinghamshire is way more beautiful than NI, but way more pricey. It makes sense buying in NI if future Irish and British citizenship is wanted.

NI is gorgeous. What are you on about?

Lol
I like trees.

There’s your answer then.

Anyway, not sure why it is so difficult to admit Brexit has been a complete balls up so far. Even Crusher has reappeared though so that can’t be too bad.

1 Like

He likes trees. There aren’t many in Ireland

1 Like

What’s known as a transition, some things are going to go wrong.
Any how your super EU ain’t doing to well.

France selling Germany gas!
I suppose your hoping for Scotland to leave U.K. and take control of North Sea gas?

Anyway, why are you so obsessed with Britain and Brexit? Your home country is doing ok and I’m sure your life in Taiwan is sweet and dandy.

Did a English boy beat you up one day?

Posting a few words on here about it is as far as it goes for me. I never had any trouble with English people quite the opposite.
If you hadn’t noticed it’s not exactly a hive of activity on here. Anybody can come on and tell us how well Brexit is doing at any time.

2 Likes

I’ve also pondered on this. Brexit is very important in Ireland. It’s possibly going to be a game changer.

1 Like

Duh exactly

What do you mean exactly by “Duh exactly”?

1 Like

The EU with its CCP style biometric data capture - no thanks.

1 Like

Lucky to be out :slightly_smiling_face:
Well not luck more like good foresight on behalf of Brexit voters.

2 Likes

Stolen by the English, no doubt!

Jeepers.

The week Rishi Sunak and Jeremy Hunt killed the dream of any Brexit dividend stone dead  | Daily Mail Online text*

And there was much rejoicing.

Both posts show the sadness that has happened in the U.K.
The government had seriously fucked up, the opportunity is gone.

1 Like