Brexit

Well when the Brexit secretary (insert new name of choice every week ) says …‘we will have a no deal brexit if we don’t sign a deal’ you know ain’t dealing with rocket scientists.

His predecessor…

The Brexit secretary called Britain a “peculiar geographic economic entity” as he called for a “bespoke” deal with the EU on goods.

He told a tech conference in north London on Wednesday: "I hadn’t quite understood the full extent of this.

"But if you look at the UK and look at how we trade in goods, we are particularly reliant on the Dover-Calais crossing.

1 Like

Easiest deal in history

“Coming to a free trade agreement with the EU should be one of the easiest in human history.” – Liam Fox, International Trade Secretary, July 2017.

Blimey, how about an instant Brexit?

“Within two years – before negotiation with the EU is likely to be complete and therefore before anything material has changed – we can negotiate a free trade area massively larger than the EU. The new trade agreements will come into force at point of exit.” David Davis, Former Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union, July 2016.

What we’ve got to do as a government and as a parliamentary party is show we are bigger than the sum of our parts. If we take a bit more of that approach – a bit more unity of purpose – we’ll get a great result out of Brexit. We’ll also unite the country.” – Dominic Raab, Departing Brexit Secretary, June 2018.

Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: https://www.facebook.com/DavidCameronOfficial/posts/979082725449379 …

Theresa May’s irony-detector must be off the charts

“It was me that got us into this mess, I will get us out of it.” – Theresa May, June 2017, after calling a snap election and losing her party’s Parliamentary majority.

A 24-hour Brexit

“The day after we vote to leave, we hold all the cards and we can choose the path we want.” – Michael Gove, Secretary of State for Environment, April 2016.

What is with these guys and “holding the cards”?

“Getting out of the EU can be quick and easy – the UK holds most of the cards.” John Redwood, Conservative MP, July 2016.

Subjectively, possible not. Factually you are dealing with someone smart enough to achieve a very high position in politics.

I find this sort of argument similar to the Labour Party members who slag off Tony Blair. The Labour Party has won three general elections in the past 40+ years. Which party leaders won them and were they thickies?

Liam Fox isn’t thick. He may be cynical and disingenuous, but he isn’t thick.

1 Like

Liam Fox isn’t the Brexit Secretary…That’s already generations ago :).

This is what the latest iteration , Steve Barclay actually said , below.
He also said that he was going to vote for.an extension but then didn’t vote for an extension so he seems mighty confused too.

‘’
If we don’t have a deal, then we should leave with no deal,” he said. "That’s always been my position. We shouldn’t be afraid to leave with no deal.’’

You quoted him.

Which part ?

The easiest deal in human history ? :rofl:

That was definitely Liam Fox.

I don’t understand where you’re coming from. You quoted Liam Fox and said he was thick. I responded with an argument about he might not be thick. Your reply appears to be that he isn’t important.

I didn’t say he was thick.
I said Steve Barclay is a thicko.

And from Dominic Raab’s statements and actions probably him too. The Dover comment would get you fired in any job for sheer stupidity.

I dont know much about Liam Fox, so he’s either a cunning liar or not very smart.because what he claimed was preposterous from the start.

I’m surprised you seem so passionately opposed to Brexit. Don’t you want a united Ireland?

Yes of course . So do most Irish people. But you will find most Irish were okay with the status quo. Brexit is going to cause damage and major inconvenience in N Ireland and Ireland and also for Irish living in Britain not sure why anybody is surprised Irish people dont like it. It seems the British establishment is surprised that the backstop is continually being insisted upon to prevent a hard border .

Obviously not all Irish people are anti brexit . You have the DUP for instance and also some anti EU brigade I guess.

If most Irish people are OK with the status quo, the minority who aren’t are capable of creating a shit storm.

My mother’s side are all hard-core Protestant nut jobs. They won’t concede easily.

Emm they didn’t need to concede anything but now they are up for breaking the good Friday agreement. So in the end if they keep this up we will have a border poll and eventually vote in their nightmare, a united Ireland.

Why would a united Ireland be a nightmare for Britain?

The nightmare for some unionists in the North of Ireland…Why…Who the hell knows.

I’d imagine it would be a massive relief for Britain to offload those maniacs to EIRE.

Anyway, happy British missionary day. Have a large gin and tonic on me!

Oh something I agree with you on ha ha. I also can never understand when the nutty lefties even call presidents of the US “thickos”. A person cannot be a thicko and be in one of the top positions on planet earth. I wasn’t an Obama fan but that doesn’t make him a “thicko”. It’s like for example calling Hitler a coward (in fact decorated German war hero) , when there are thousands of nasty things to call Hitler, but “coward” is only how a thicko would refer to him, or when Donald Trump is called a dumbass, despite he is in fact a marketing genius. Could I suggest if people need to use insults to back their arguments that they are at least a little more accurate with the insult or is it beyond most thickos?

I am not fully convinced that Roger Daltrey from the Who, is a Remainer :thinking:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBEwTw8wAaI

2 Likes

that female interviewer must be missing a chromosome or two to ask a dumb question like that. singers were touring the continent for decades before the coal agreement started the path onto the EU

1 Like

Britain leaving the EU

5 Likes