Britain's Got Talent

(I tried to search for this topic in this forum but no result, so I thought I’d just start one.)

Has anyone seen it?

I just saw this one online, it was so great. I was moved to tears. (Alright, I know I just love to cry. :smiley: )

http://share.youthwant.com.tw/sh.php?do=D&id=93014219

We have a similiar show in Taiwan now, but I have to admit that ours is nowhere as good as this one.

Look at the judges face when they first heard what this guys was going to sing and their reaction after his performance.

Ahhh! I want to watch more of it!!!

:help:

Holy crap. That just made me cry. Fantastic.

Yeay!

I will let Dragonbones know that I wasn’t the only one who cried.

It’s good to have something like that to entertain yourself when you’re having your finals!

I like it! :heart:

Me too. As the female judge said, I got goosebumps on my arms and the hair on the back of my neck stood up. That must be the first time I’ve seen that Cowell bloke looking literally stunned.
For an untrained voice, that guy is simply phenomenal. Stu, did you ever hear that guy serving in Valvona & Crolla when he would sing arias in the shop. That was pretty intense, too.

You know, those shows are routinely slagged off as just complete and utter shite, but every so often someone comes along who just SHAKES things up. That fellow is one of them. My hat’s off to him.

Nope. Never had that pleasure.

Jesus Christ… that also brought a tear to my eye

Just watched the video for about the 10th time.

Fuck.

[quote=“sandman”]Just watched the video for about the 10th time.

F*ck.[/quote]

Man, you’re more addicted to it than I am.

Yup, third time I was still crying, so had to stop. I mean, I’m at work for god’s sake. What will they think of me?

[quote=“Dragonbabe”][quote=“sandman”]Just watched the video for about the 10th time.

Fuck.[/quote]

Man, you’re more addicted to it than I am.[/quote]
I think its because of the depth of emotion that he bring out in the audience and judges. You can tell that they’re just totally blown away in a way they hadn’t been expecting at all. Plus, with just a very few slightly rough spots, he’s pretty much spot on. You get the impression he has no real need of a microphone at all. He’s a real singer – probably the first most of those people in the audience have ever heard in person.
As for the judges, there’s definitely a bit of sheepishness when he finishes – like they’re sitting there fully aware that its THEM who are the nonentities and HIM who has the real talent.

I would really describe that as a TV magic moment.

Wow. That was really intense. :notworthy:

Oh please, go to a real opera and here a real tenor sing without a microphone, this guy has a nice light lyric tenor and lots of guts. He hasn’t got the technique or power to sing over the top of an orchestra and it would be sad, cheap exploitation to tell him he is the new Andrea Bocelli or Pavarotti or whatever. He cracks on the top note indicating that the nerves got to him on the night or he doean’t really have the technique.

Yes I’m a spoil sport,

I’ve not felt such shivers up and down my spine in quite a while. Absolutely magical!

But his singing is really great!

[quote=“llama_lout”]Oh please, go to a real opera and here a real tenor sing without a microphone, this guy has a nice light lyric tenor and lots of guts. He hasn’t got the technique or power to sing over the top of an orchestra and it would be sad, cheap exploitation to tell him he is the new Andrea Bocelli or Pavarotti or whatever. He cracks on the top note indicating that the nerves got to him on the night or he doean’t really have the technique.

Yes I’m a spoil sport,[/quote]

Um, I agree. This was a ‘special moment’ because Brits are all *******s who watch TV shows like that. Imagine if he’d sung something that wasn’t on the World Cup?

On a side note, I saw an Italian guy, a high school teacher (a trained singer, but not a pro) sing ‘opera hits’ for about 45 mins in a classroom with no accompaniment, at a summer camp I was teaching at in England. Only thing that shut the little shites up all summer. Even the French kids. Fabulous.

Regardless…he did a fantastic job. Awesome.

[quote]He cracks on the top note indicating that the nerves got to him on the night or he doean’t really have the technique.
[/quote]

You’re hard to please.

I didn’t hear that. He did take a wrong breath. We don’t know how he would fair without a microphone, but we do know that you can’t type properly.

That was extraordinary television.

That song always chokes me up.

Of course Nessun Dorma “Let No one Sleep” is a rousing tune.
:smiley:

Here’s Pavrotti for comparison. His breathing is perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VATmgtmR5o4

[quote=“Fox”][quote]He cracks on the top note indicating that the nerves got to him on the night or he doean’t really have the technique.
[/quote]

You’re hard to please.

I didn’t hear that. He did take a wrong breath. We don’t know how he would fair without a microphone, but we do know that you can’t type properly.

[/quote]

I’m not on TV claiming to be a top class typist am I?

Neither was he claiming to be a top class operatic, but oh, my…
It’s absolutely wonderful to hear such passion and talent in an untrained voice!
A quality rarely heard. I was stunned as well.

The guy was a lot more modest than your pose.