British and Irish Lions Rugby Tour 2009

What will be the outcome of the three test series with the Springboks?

• South Africa 4 - 0 B&I Lions
  • South Africa 3 - 1 B&I Lions
  • South Africa 2 - 2 B&I Lions
  • South Africa 1 - 3 B&I Lions
  • South Africa 0 - 4 B&I Lions

0 voters

So, what are your thoughts? The B&I Lions nearly came unstuck against a very mediocre (and it’s being extremely charitable to even classify them as mediocre!) Royal XV side comprised of Vodacom Cup players. The Vodacom Cup being like the fourth division of SA domestic rugby after the Super 14, Currie Cup Premier Division and Currie Cup First Division.

In fact, they were outclassed for about 70 minutes and only pulled it through because of experience and, one would think, conditioning…
If they play like that against the Lions, Cheetahs, Sharks or Stormers they’re in for a big hiding, let alone what the Boks would make of them.

PS - I’ve made it four games in the poll. Three tests against the Springboks and one international against the Emerging Springboks.

I put down South Africa 4 - 0 B&I Lions, because I think what with the omission of players like Heinrich Brussouw from the Springbok squad, the Emerging Boks are going to be even more dangerous (and loose with running the ball) than the Springboks.

As for today’s game: Golden Lions vs B&I Lions
I’m going to go with the B&I Lions to win by 3, but only because the Golden Lions have had a problem at lock. So, I think the B&I Lions will dominate set pieces and score off the boot of Stephen Jones to keep them ahead, but I wont be surprised if the Golden Lions score more tries.

Boy was I off. B&I Lions 74 - 10 Xerox Lions!! What a hammering!

Well, at least I got the winner right!

As for Saturday’s game: B&I Lions vs Cheetahs
I think the Lions should win this one without too much problems, but I think they’ll find the Cheetahs defense and and forwards much harder to handle than the Xerox Lions or the Royal XV. I also think it’ll be a much tighter game, but I’m going to lay off a score prediction until I have seen the team the Lions will field on Saturday.

Hahaha :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Some brave soul voted SA 0 - 4 B&I Lions… :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Mate, the Boks aren’t the hapless Xerox Lions!

Tomorrow’s game with the Cheetahs is going to be a good one. The B7I Lions had a field day against the Xerox Lions in the set pieces (as predicted) which set up the platform to destroy them with the backs. The Cheetahs tight five and loose trio are going to be a much more difficult prospect. Best thing the B&I Lions can do is to adopt a kicking approach to continuously turn the Cheetah forwards around, keep the pace of the game very quick and to run the ball in the Cheetahs half. If they try to dominate the Cheetahs forwards they’re going to be in for a surprise.

Prediction:
Very tight first half. But the B&I Lions should win by 10 to 15.
The Lions team hasn’t been posted yet, and some selections could make a difference (especially the midfield and the loose trio - they definitely need O’Driscoll and O’Connell for this one!).

Cheetahs 17 Lions 29
Boks 3 Lions 1

Well after the Barbarians downed England I was being ribbed that my beloved wobbelly Wallabies would be next…

Alas for Barbarian supporters the score was Australia 55 :smiley: Barbarians 7 :blush:

[quote=“Satellite TV”]Well after the Barbarians downed England I was being ribbed that my beloved wobbelly Wallabies would be next…

Alas for Barbarian supporters the score was Australia 55 :smiley: Barbarians 7 :blush:[/quote]
Saw that! Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

Cheetahs 24 - 26 B&I Lions!
Close one. Cheetahs missed at least two easy penalties and a fairly easy drop goal that could’ve won the match. Piss poor performance by the Lions. Well done Cheetahs!

Not only that last play of the ball they take it in and get isolated, get the call against them.

The Cheetahs coach really was swearing pretty wildly, that was a game they should have won.

When these so called Lions come up against some better teams they are going to wilt.

To be fair, it wasn’t their best XV, but yes, I’m inclined to agree with you. Unless they screw up badly with political selections or some bureaucratic BS, the Boks should make an easy meal of them. Although, test matches are a different deal, and the Lions do have some really classy players. I wouldn’t write them off completely.
I do think the emerging Boks are going to hammer them, though. XV guys who feel they should have made the Bok team, and many with a very good claim in that regard. It’s going to be an interesting game.

[quote=“Satellite TV”]Well after the Barbarians downed England I was being ribbed that my beloved wobbelly Wallabies would be next…

Alas for Barbarian supporters the score was Australia 55 :smiley: Barbarians 7 :blush:[/quote]
For those of you that missed the games, here’s the highlights videos from Youtube.

Australia vs The Barbarians

British and Irish Lions vs Cheetahs

[quote=“bismarck”][quote=“Satellite TV”]Well after the Barbarians downed England I was being ribbed that my beloved wobbelly Wallabies would be next…

For those of you that missed the games, here’s the highlights videos from Youtube.[/quote]

You’d better watch it with posting sports events on you tube nowadays Bismark they are starting to ban account of posted who upload copyright protected materials. Especially sports.

[quote=“Satellite TV”][quote=“bismarck”][quote=“Satellite TV”]Well after the Barbarians downed England I was being ribbed that my beloved wobbelly Wallabies would be next…

For those of you that missed the games, here’s the highlights videos from Youtube.[/quote]

You’d better watch it with posting sports events on you tube nowadays Bismark they are starting to ban account of posted who upload copyright protected materials. Especially sports.[/quote]
I didn’t post them. The OP did so with permission from allblacks.com

OK Just lettin your know… PS the rights holders are the IRB.

OK Just lettin your know… PS the rights holders are the IRB.[/quote]
Well, that’s between them and allblacks.com then.

All I know is that although some vids have been removed from Youtube, these are posted with permission.

Anyway, enjoy the game tonight.

I reckon the first half will be tight, but the B&I Lions should win by ten.

39-3 arse whipping. Not surprising with all the Boks away.

WP’s turn to be arse raped this Saturday.

[quote=“bismarck”]39-3 arse whipping. Not surprising with all the Boks away.

WP’s turn to be arse raped this Saturday.[/quote]

Now now Bismark, comments like that especially when Paogao is getting stupid hate mail on youtube might be misconstrued.

OK they might get thrashed.

[quote=“Satellite TV”][quote=“bismarck”]39-3 arse whipping. Not surprising with all the Boks away.

WP’s turn to be arse raped this Saturday.[/quote]

Now now Bismark, comments like that especially when Poagao is getting stupid hate mail on youtube might be misconstrued.

OK they might get thrashed.[/quote]
Why is Paogao getting hate mail on youtube?

Here’s the video highlights on youtube:

B&I Lions vs Sharks

Here’s a blog with video clips for rugby lovers.

Rugbydump

It’s got updates and clips of all the big games. :slight_smile: