Building a new racing team - meeting postponed

yea it was turning out to be an awesome day at the track until I hit the bike’s limits. Anyways, its time to refine my technique and see if I can keep pushing it further. The repair costs came in much lower than I expected so its not really too bad.

On another note, since we’re getting a large group of foreigners interested in racing, we would like to start our own racing team. There isn’t really a huge benefit to making a team besides making us “official” and having a name. On the down side however, there will be a startup fee for the application process. I will go over to the office some time this week and find out how much it would be exactly. If anyone has team name suggestions, now would be a good time to think about it. Here are some thoughts I have in development (some may be pretty lame or not make sense) :
外國聯合 - Foreigners unite
外式賽車 - Foreign style racing
飇武道 - way of the racing warriors

[quote=“Temple”]yea it was turning out to be an awesome day at the track until I hit the bike’s limits. Anyways, its time to refine my technique and see if I can keep pushing it further. The repair costs came in much lower than I expected so its not really too bad.

On another note, since we’re getting a large group of foreigners interested in racing, we would like to start our own racing team. There isn’t really a huge benefit to making a team besides making us “official” and having a name. On the down side however, there will be a startup fee for the application process. I will go over to the office some time this week and find out how much it would be exactly. If anyone has team name suggestions, now would be a good time to think about it. Here are some thoughts I have in development (some may be pretty lame or not make sense) :
外國聯合 - Foreigners unite
外式賽車 - Foreign style racing
飇武道 - way of the racing warriors[/quote]

Hey Temple, according to Hawk he said all those names are alittle weird. How about 老外車隊 (Foreigner racing team.) Whatever the name is, we should have 車隊 (team) at the end. Also 老外 is a Chinese term for all foreigners. For the dudes that can’t read Chinese 老外賽車隊 is lao wai che dui. What do you think?

Also you ever see those crazy vehicals on the road, usually old dudes are driving them? Usually they are like 3 wheelers with a giant cloud of smoke behind them. Who knows how they are allowed to drive on the roads, but anyway they are called 鐵牛車 (tie niu che), it means iron cow car, so we could call our team 鐵牛車隊…kinda cool, but nothing to do with being a foreigner.

I was talking with my girlfriend/wife about buying an NSR or something like that for racing only. She’s cool with the idea. With a smaller bike I could be a lot more braver than with my Ninja. If I crash the Ninja I’m out 50-100k. If I crash an NSR it’ll be 5-10k. I hope I can continue to be part of the foreign racing experience.

I think a team name with “Yang gwei tz” would be cool. Kind of take the name back…if you know what I mean.

The Big Nose Team

I’ve just split these posts to a new thread–thought it deserved its own topic, and this way we can keep the TIS track days thread more focused on past/upcoming track days.

So–any more name suggestions? If you’re going to go for a joke name along the lines of 鐵牛車隊, another option could be 嘟嘟車隊 (Duduche Dui–I think a duduche is either a Thai tuktuk or one of those little electric powered “steam trains” they have at tourist farms and zoos).

[quote=“Mordeth”]
I think a team name with “Yang gwei tz” would be cool. Kind of take the name back…if you know what I mean.[/quote]

Best suggestion so far…If there becomes a 200+pound middle aged fatty on two-stroke division, please let me know:twisted:

I hope you guys can pull this off. This has been a much desired, and long denied aspect of living here for a lot of us gearheads.

Enjoy.

Round Eye Motorcycle Club

[quote=“Mordeth”]I was talking with my girlfriend/wife about buying an NSR or something like that for racing only. She’s cool with the idea. With a smaller bike I could be a lot more braver than with my Ninja. If I crash the Ninja I’m out 50-100k. If I crash an NSR it’ll be 5-10k. I hope I can continue to be part of the foreign racing experience.

I think a team name with “Yang gwei tz” would be cool. Kind of take the name back…if you know what I mean.[/quote]

I will sell you my (your old NSR) for 100K, ahahha :wink: I really think you should buy another NSR, that would be fun.

Also Yang gwei tz, is a pretty funny name. It is pretty much the same as lao wai che dui. Both are good.

I was hoping to think of a team name that wouldn’t make us sound like a joke though. No offense, but if you guys wanna get serious about racing, and build something that will grow and live on, I think it’d be better to have a name that makes us sound respectable.

Nice!
It does resound with much proactive resonance.
Psychological Warfare, oh sorry, I mean the winning spirit, adds a nicely honed edge!

As an aside:
I think I drove by the track today in Longtan. Lots of cars outside, and of noise from within. Me & Mr. He were making use of a slightly dodgy blue truck somehow affiliated with research in pyschics, which obligated us from otherwise stopping by.
I hope to check it out sometime, as a spectator.

My girlfriend suggested Ado-ah team, along the same lines of thinking. She said the Taiwanese version of foreigner is “cuter”. She said that “Yang Gwei Tz Team” has more of an aggressive sound to it and I told her that aggressive is better.

But if you really don’t like that…might I suggest something with Sa-Sho…err…how to say O in ping-ying? It means assassin. Like foreign assassin team…team be cool. And I’ve heard locals call people who were fast on the road “street assassins” or something like that.

Or we could be the Yang-Gwei-Tz Sa-Show, the foreign devil assassins?

And I don’t think the Yang gwei tz makes us laughable, I think it shows us as being humorous. And your average foreigner in comparison to your average local are very humorous indeed.

Why does it have to have a “foreign” aspect to the name?
You could go for something else that is much cooler.

For example: Silent Knights Club

[quote=“TaiwanPsycho”]Why does it have to have a “foreign” aspect to the name?

For example: Silent Knights Club[/quote]

Well, for one thing we aren’t very silent. Myself…for example…I rarely ever shut-up.

well i have an idea for a name, i dont know the chinese version but i am sure it should be easy:
The Typhoon team.
we come from overseas as the typhoons, we go all over taiwan as the typhoons, sometimes we leave no one standing but sometimes we go easy on the others, so it doesn’t matter if we do good or not, all the country knows we were there… and actually typhoons are very popular in taiwan so we can use that as an advantage to help ppl to learn our name !!

[quote=“omerojs”]well I have an idea for a name, I don’t know the Chinese version but I am sure it should be easy:
The Typhoon team.
we come from overseas as the typhoons, we go all over taiwan as the typhoons, sometimes we leave no one standing but sometimes we go easy on the others, so it doesn’t matter if we do good or not, all the country knows we were there… and actually typhoons are very popular in taiwan so we can use that as an advantage to help people to learn our name !![/quote]

I like it. Tai-fone Dwei!

There’s already a hockey team called that, I think. You don’t want a joke name, for sure, because maybe you’ll end up winning competitions, by which time you won’t be happy with a joke name.

How about reflecting reality? Given what will inevitably happen if you become a registered team and start beating the local lads, why not call yourselves “The unfairly discriminated against and bitter foreign riding team”?

Has a nice ring to it, don’t you think? :wink:

[quote=“Mordeth”][quote=“TaiwanPsycho”]Why does it have to have a “foreign” aspect to the name?

Well, for one thing we aren’t very silent. Myself…for example…I rarely ever shut-up.[/quote]
The Loudmouthed Road Warriors :raspberry:

[quote=“Mordeth”]

My girlfriend suggested Ado-ah team, along the same lines of thinking. She said the Taiwanese version of foreigner is “cuter”. She said that “Yang Gwei Tz Team” has more of an aggressive sound to it and I told her that aggressive is better.

And I don’t think the Yang gwei tz makes us laughable, I think it shows us as being humorous. And your average foreigner in comparison to your average local are very humorous indeed.[/quote]

Yeah I thought of that too, but I was under the impression that there are no characters in Taiwanese. Is this true? So for the Adoah team it would have to be a phonetically sounded out with Chinese. I also don’t think anything like Yang Gwei tz, or lao wai, etc names would make us laughable, I honestly think it would be just fine.

[quote=“TaiwanPsycho”]Why does it have to have a “foreign” aspect to the name?

We are all foreigners so I think it should have a foreign aspect to the name. Anything else would be boring in my opinion. I don’t think there is anything wrong with that.

[quote=“sandman”]There’s already a hockey team called that, I think. You don’t want a joke name, for sure, because maybe you’ll end up winning competitions, by which time you won’t be happy with a joke name.

How about reflecting reality? Given what will inevitably happen if you become a registered team and start beating the local lads, why not call yourselves “The unfairly discriminated against and bitter foreign riding team”?

Has a nice ring to it, don’t you think? :wink:[/quote]
why do u think that Typhoon Team is funny? i dont really see the funny part in it.
so is this hockey team good? or they are a joke?

Two separate issues. You mention Typhoon. There’s a team here called that already.
People were talking about a joke name. I responded to that, too.
See how it works?