Building a new racing team - meeting postponed

Also Temple, even though we are pretty much representing the foreigner community. I think my good friend (I owe him my life) Hawk or 小白 as other poeple know him wants to be a part of this. He is the best mechanic I have ever seen in Taiwan. He has been around NSR’s/FZR’s/RZR’z, etc his whole life. Also about 3 years ago he and Tiger (Temple you know Tiger right?) had a racing team at TIS. He would like to be a mechanic. Also it would be nice to have someone who can do all the translation work perfectly. ( I know we can all speak some Chinese, but it would be nice to have a Taiwanese on the team.) Are there any objections? If you have been out to the track during the last couple of months I am sure you have met him. He also could be a cameraman. His photos are quality.

Is he cute? Does he have a nice butt? You always leave out the important stuff.

Not sure why there’s the fascination with sticking “foreigner” in the team name?

But to stick to that theme, how about…
“Wholelotta Gringos”, “Gringos on Bikes”!

IMO Team names that sound cool to Taiwanese people too are probably the best choice.

I think Mordeth should be considered for the position of Chief Of Staff. In that he knows the material, he can’t shut up, and has the relevant long-term, hands on, this particular site experience. All requisite for C.O.S.

:grandpa:

Of course we also need people to help us out on the mechanical side of things, the more the better. Actually, I read the form wrong, we don’t need 2 coaches, we need 2 mechanics. I would love to get hawk and tiger in on it too, they have invaluable experience and are awesome in many ways. The positions I mentioned earlier are just the basic ones that are necessary for building a team, I would think the more people we have involved the better it will be. We could create other positions too if we really want. No reason to be exclusive to Taiwanese, it’s just that we are predominantly a foreigner based team. I’d also agree that its not necessary to have a name that says “foreigner” in it, as it should be pretty obvious that we are foreigners once anyone sees us. I’m pretty sure we don’t actually need 5 people in every race, but maybe we need 5 people with racing liscences to be our “racers”. Right now it seems as if we’ve got 3 people who plan to be in the future races.
I think the 5th would be a good day to meet up after the test and finish all the paperwork so we can register before the next race on 4/13. I’ll check to make sure that’ll meet the deadlines. Some other benefits I didn’t list earlier are that we’ll get discounts on the race entry fees, and that we’d be qualified for the team of the year award.

I am good to go for a meeting on the 5th

[quote=“Mordeth”]

Is he cute? Does he have a nice butt? You always leave out the important stuff.[/quote]

Hey Mordeath, why don’t you do us all a favor and come out of the closet!! It’s ok to be gay!!

[quote=“lupillus”]Not sure why there’s the fascination with sticking “foreigner” in the team name?

But to stick to that theme, how about…
“Wholelotta Gringos”, “Gringos on Bikes”!

IMO Team names that sound cool to Taiwanese people too are probably the best choice.[/quote]

Even the Taiwanese guys I have talked to that come to the track think we should have a foreigner name. We are going to be 90% foreigners so why not. It is no disrespect, but I think it would be cool to have a foreigner name.

[quote=“Temple”]Of course we also need people to help us out on the mechanical side of things, the more the better. Actually, I read the form wrong, we don’t need 2 coaches, we need 2 mechanics. I would love to get hawk and tiger in on it too, they have invaluable experience and are awesome in many ways. The positions I mentioned earlier are just the basic ones that are necessary for building a team, I would think the more people we have involved the better it will be. We could create other positions too if we really want. No reason to be exclusive to Taiwanese, it’s just that we are predominantly a foreigner based team. I’d also agree that its not necessary to have a name that says “foreigner” in it, as it should be pretty obvious that we are foreigners once anyone sees us. I’m pretty sure we don’t actually need 5 people in every race, but maybe we need 5 people with racing liscences to be our “racers”. Right now it seems as if we’ve got 3 people who plan to be in the future races.
I think the 5th would be a good day to meet up after the test and finish all the paperwork so we can register before the next race on 4/13. I’ll check to make sure that’ll meet the deadlines. Some other benefits I didn’t list earlier are that we’ll get discounts on the race entry fees, and that we’d be qualified for the team of the year award.[/quote]

I know Tiger would want to be a racer. I have talked to him about it. He is ready. His NSR is ready too. Hawk is 100% in on being a mechanic. He would be of great value to us.

I would still lean towards having a more foreigner name. I think that is the way to go. I think that we need to show off some kind of name that we are from a foreign country. The United Nations in Chinese is 聯合國 (lian he guo), so how about 聯合國車隊.

Ok Temple and everyone, I got a great name this time. Me, Hawk, and my good friend have been contemplating over this for the last hour and we came up with something good. How about:

國際騎士車隊 (guo ji qi shi che dui) It means International Driver Team. Hawk says it is great!!

Thoughts??

yo man, its fu…cking long, i cant understand any chinese, lets make it nice and simple, so ppl can remember it… I also agree on the meeting on the 5th after the class, and of course i will be one of the many racers that we will have on the team, actually i want to learn some mechanics and stuffs like that… so see you there guys

[quote=“rk1951”]

Even the Taiwanese guys I have talked to that come to the track think we should have a foreigner name. We are going to be 90% foreigners so why not. It is no disrespect, but I think it would be cool to have a foreigner name. [/quote]

Heck, the main big bike shop in Taoyuan used to be called Wai Gwah Ew (I don’t know pingying) which means Foreign Power. It seems Taiwanese think stuff with the word “foreign” in it is cool in regards to a lot of stuff.

I do like the sound of international riders team, its nice and offical sounding. I’d like it if we could add a personal touch too though. Omerjos does have a point in that it may be too long, and also hard for some of us foreigners to remember. It looks like we have plenty of space though for adding an English name alongside it. Then we could actually have two names with similar meanings.
Here you can take a look at the teams out there now.
gamfa.com.tw/modules/news/ar … toryid=101

Well 國際騎士車隊 (guo ji qi shi che dui) is long, but that could be the official name. We would just say we are 國際騎士, how often do you say the word team…anyway my 2 cents.

[quote=“Temple”]
Here you can take a look at the teams out there now.
gamfa.com.tw/modules/news/ar … toryid=101[/quote]

Damn it, ‘Kiss Moto’ and ‘Racing Team of King-Rider’ are already taken…those were going to be my next two suggestions.

its like this, you can say: i want to have sexual relations with that beautiful lady
or you can also say: i will fuck that hottie…

PD: (i asked one guy from canada and one guy from UK and none of them could tell me the right word for hot girl but in a single word, maybe there are no hot girls over there :smiley: )

[quote=“omerojs”]its like this, you can say: i want to have sexual relations with that beautiful lady
or you can also say: i will fuck that hottie…

PD: (i asked one guy from canada and one guy from UK and none of them could tell me the right word for hot girl but in a single word, maybe there are no hot girls over there :smiley: )[/quote]You asked me how to spell that word to write a post like that???

Ha ha ha

To RK1951
After all it’s only 6 syllables name. It’s probably gonna go down to 2 in the nickname. I like it.
If we get both the English and Chinese versions on the tag, it will be fine. After all we are mostly foreigner, so why should it only be in Chinese?

i agree with iix23, even if he doesnt know that word in english…
why should we have a name only in chinese if we are mostly foreigners…

I’ve got a name, its along the witty/foreigner line:

full name:
台灣客人車隊 (tai wan ke ren che dui)
translation/english name:
lit: Taiwan Guests Team

optional short name:
台客隊 (tai ke dui)
Guests

The long name is humorous only because it implies the short name: 台客(Tai ke) literally does mean “taiwan” “guest” but it’s really a slang for “super local Taiwanese,” you know like the ones with the blue sandals, shorts and betel nuts on scooters…

I’ve gotten quite a few laughs from the name, not because it’s ‘laughable’ or silly/foolish, but because of the play on words in chinese. It’s pretty non-aggressive, incorporates humor and foreign etc.

Also a variant:
台灣奧客 (Taiwan Ao ‘K’) which literally mean’s Taiwan’s unwanted guests. Also well received amongst my test audience (its got humor, "foreign-ness’ and no one who’s really an unwanted guest will call themselves that).

Just a suggestion

[quote=“gurugumby”]I’ve got a name, its along the witty/foreigner line:

optional short name:
台客隊 (tai ke dui)
Guests

The long name is humorous only because it implies the short name: 台客(Tai ke) literally does mean “taiwan” “guest” but it’s really a slang for “super local Taiwanese,” you know like the ones with the blue sandals, shorts and betel nuts on scooters…

Also a variant:
台灣奧客 (Taiwan Ao ‘K’) which literally mean’s Taiwan’s unwanted guests. Also well received amongst my test audience (its got humor, "foreign-ness’ and no one who’s really an unwanted guest will call themselves that).

Just a suggestion[/quote]

Yeah, I like that too, I suggested that some posts back. :wink: I also like 外客車隊 (wai ke che dui), it would translate to foreign guest or foreign local.

Also 奧客 (Ao ke) means bad customer, like if you are buying something and just asking tons of non sense questions about the product, then you are considrered 奧客. These are the type of people you just want to smack over the back of their head with a frying pan. I don’t know if we would want to go that route, but keep the ideas coming.

[quote=“gurugumby”]I’ve got a name, its along the witty/foreigner line:

full name:
台灣客人車隊 (tai wan ke ren che dui)
translation/English name:
lit: Taiwan Guests Team

optional short name:
台客隊 (tai ke dui)
Guests

I’ve gotten quite a few laughs from the name, not because it’s ‘laughable’ or silly/foolish, but because of the play on words in Chinese. It’s pretty non-aggressive, incorporates humor and foreign etc.

Also a variant:

Just a suggestion[/quote]

Gurugumby, knows his shit. He’s getting his…masters? in Chinese…and last time I saw him all his friends were local racers.

i also know my shit… but it comes out in spanish not in chinese :wink:
anyway, i like the name also even if i dot really get the funny part !!!