Burger King in Taiwan

Original Title: Burger King in Tianmu closed…

Now that Burger King on Tianmu East Road closed, will it open a new store in the new Warner Village building ?

The one next to the Central Motion Picture Studio (down from the National Palace Museum) is open after being closed for a while. There is a Starbucks there too, or one of its clones.

I heard that TGI Fridays will be in the Warner-Building…

burger king hasn’t been doing so hot in taiwan recently…their stores are all pretty damn dirty and lack maintainance(the ones i’ve been to)…reminds me of the situation Wendy’s was in @ 1993-1996…

their flame broiled burger still tastes better than mcd’s tho

Yeah, except that in most locations, they just microwave a burger patty that has aready been “flame-broiled” at a central location. I once asked for a burger patty that was broiled a little more “well-done”, and they looked at me like I was crazy. :loco:

I got badly sick about a month ago, and am now pretty sure that it was from the BK near the 228 Peace Park (a door or two away from TGIF). I didn’t realize it at the time, since I’d already been feeling bad for about 20 hours, but I think the earlier problem (mild fever and aches) was separate from the EXPLOSIVE DIARRHEA that lasted five days.

The reason I say this is because after I got better, I happened to be in the area again and went in there again, and got sick (much more mildly – I guess I built up some immunity, only lasted a day) in the same way again. Nonexplosive this time, but a pretty bad run of the runs. . . .

Most Burger King stores are poor here. The best one, the one that seems most reliable to actually produce something edible, is the Burger King at the Warner Village in Taipei. Seriously avoid the ones in Neihu - they even manage to cock-up the bloody fries!

Good riddance is all I can say to Burger King.

I noticed they had one at the hospital last time I was in there. I couldn’t help but think of all the people with severe heart problems cruising down and getting a burger.

Ever notice how many of those kids are bursting out of their uniforms?

I got badly sick about a month ago, and am now pretty sure that it was from the BK near the 228 Peace Park (a door or two away from TGIF). I didn’t realize it at the time, since I’d already been feeling bad for about 20 hours, but I think the earlier problem (mild fever and aches) was separate from the EXPLOSIVE DIARRHEA that lasted five days.

The reason I say this is because after I got better, I happened to be in the area again and went in there again, and got sick (much more mildly – I guess I built up some immunity, only lasted a day) in the same way again. Nonexplosive this time, but a pretty bad run of the runs. . . .[/quote]

Doesn’t surprise me–that place is filthy. There’s a buffet-style one a block away or so away that’s a little better.

I don’t know if any of you out there are napkin collectors, but the serviettes at Burger King are by far the best in the fast-food world. They only use napkins produced at the Seyhun Paper Factory in Turkey, so you know they really care about quality. :neutral:

I thought they were only famous for their complete cellulase extra white toilet paper.

Anything is better than the serviettes at Mos Burger. They are thin, hard, shiny and non-absorbent. And the burgers there tend to end up all over your hand too. :2cents:

Honestly they are the worst. You might as well use 8x11 normal weight typing paper.

MOS burgers are great though. And they have sinks and soap to wash your hands before and after eating so the messiness of the burgers is moooooooooooooooooot.

Mos burgers are good if you eat five of them at a time.

Anyways, we’re having a $1 whopper special over here at the moment, so beat that.

[quote=“urodacus”]Mos burgers are good if you eat five of them at a time.

Anyways, we’re having a $1 whopper special over here at the moment, so beat that.[/quote]

Beat your own whopper. :cactus:

Mosburger is the best fast food I have ever come across, except maybe popeye’s. those plastic napkins, though hardly unique to mos in taiwan though, are enough to make you want to cry of course, mosburger in it’s japanese greatness does provide large honest-to-god paper hand towels next to the washing sink however. i have never walked out of burger king not feeling ill, though they taste good, better than mcd’s. i’ve never walked out of there not feeling ill either though, except for breakfast. i usually feel half ok when i walk out of mos.

My university used to supply that lousy wax paper in all the toilets. :bluemad: Just the thing you need when you want to smear around poo.

We have a guy called Justin Bieber posting in 2004!?! Either it’s the OP’s real name and the mother of all coincidences, or the real, pre-fame, girly boy. Either way it’s certainly confused me.

Something strange afoot at the Circle K. I smell a code punk who made a bot called Justin Bieber to travel back in time on Internet forums just to piss off old people.

We used to use that as tracing paper in art class.