Bush Twists Kerry's Words on Iraq

WACO, Texas - President Bush opened several new scathing lines of attack against Democrat John Kerry, charges that twisted his rival’s words on Iraq and made Kerry seem supportive of deposed dictator Saddam Hussein… He stated flatly that Kerry had said earlier in the week “he would prefer the dictatorship of Saddam Hussein to the situation in Iraq today.” The line drew gasps of surprise from Bush’s audience in a Racine, Wis., park. “I just strongly disagree,” the president said. But Kerry never said that.
story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s … u=/ap/bush

The expression that “desperate times call for desperate measures” must have hit home for Bush because he sure seems like a man who is desperate at this moment. What is preventing him from simply being honest and quoting Kerry correctly? Perhaps it is because Bush has no idea what an honest election really means. (Let’s not forget that this is the man who got into office in a less than honest way).

Now that the election is just around the corner, it appears that Bush is willing to do or say anything in order to ensure that he makes it into the White House for a 2nd term. I have one question: Does Bush actually know how to tell the truth? The answer clearly is Hell No!

To Bush, truth is something that can be stretched, manipulated, obscured
and ignored, but it can never be forthcoming. Why is that? Perhaps it is because Bush has woven such a web of lies during his time in office that
truth has become, unfortunately, a relative term.

Perhaps Bush will win the upcoming election. It is possible. However, it is rather sad that the man seems incapable of winning an election in a fair way. Trickery, deceit, manipulation of facts are the tactics Bush uses to win. Sad,Sad,Sad,Sad,Sad,Sad,Sad.

Another find posting from our lunatic leftie friend that is just commentary from a newspaper article. We of course all know that there is no liberal bias at all in the media. :unamused: :loco:

Now please explain to me the following:

1. What was accomplished by Kerry’s advisor Joe Lockhart calling Allawi a US puppet? Why didn’t Kerry verbally smack him down for this?
  1. Why didn’t Kerry meet Allawi? With so much riding on Iraq this year, it would of seemed like a perfect oppurtunity for Kerry to show off his foreign affairs experience. Instead we get this:

[quote]“The prime minister and the president are here obviously to put their best face on the policy, but the fact is that the CIA estimates, the reporting, the ground operations and the troops all tell a different story,” Kerry said.
Allawi told a joint meeting of Congress that democratic elections will take place in Iraq in January as scheduled, but Kerry said that was unrealistic.

“The United States and the Iraqis have retreated from whole areas of Iraq,” Kerry told reporters outside a Columbus firehouse. “There are no-go zones in Iraq today. You can’t hold an election in a no-go zone.”[/quote]

Cableguy:

You can not give us your opinions and pass them off as facts. You’ve been debunked before and will continue to be debunked. Kerry has no real strategy for Iraq, that hasn’t already been tried or is trying by Bush.

CYA
Okami

[color=red]Comrade Jennifer Loven [/color](the reporter who wrote the story) is one of our most valued members.

In Georgetown’s East Village, Roger Ballentine and his wife Jennifer Loven have sold their quaint two bedroom semi- detached Federal house at 1346 29th Street, N.W. The buyers who were represented by Trudi Musson, an agent with Sarah Gorman Real Estate, paid $501,000 for the cozy, freshly painted home featuring hardwood floors, a wood burning stove, an updated kitchen, and a quaint stone-walled garden with flowering shrubs and a fountain. The Ballentines were assisted in their sale by Coldwell Banker/Pardoe realtor Nancy Taylor Bubes, who was recently recognized as number two among 4400 agents in Coldwell Banker’s Mid-Atlantic Brokerage as well as number two individual agent by the Greater Capitol Association of Realtors (GCAAR). Roger Ballentine is president of Green Strategies, a consulting firm specializing in energy and environmental issues, and was previously deputy assistant to President Clinton for environmental initiatives and chairman of the White House Climate Change Task Force. He also sits on the board of directors of Solar Electric Light Fund (SELF)along with actors Ed Begley, Jr. and Larry Hagman. Jennifer Loven is a reporter for the Associated Press.

washingtonlife.com/backissue … estate.htm

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

i posted in the biased media thread about the other ap reporter who just MADE UP something to make bush look bad. other reporters at the event had tapes of it and after some careful analysis concluded that what the reporter wrote did NOT happen. this ap report was then passed on to other news orgs like the bbc. ap edited out the fake event from the story, but didn’t issue any sort of correction so many news orgs ran the original story not knowing it had been corrected.

Senator Kerry reportedly said:

The Senator appears, in fact, to be saying that Saddam was preferable to the current state of affairs. Whether one thinks he’s right or wrong, that’s not an outrageous position. Reasonable persons can and do heatedly disagree on whether Saddam or the current state of affairs is preferable.

But it does appear that the President interpreted Senator Kerry’s remarks accurately. And thus, it appears that someone in the news media, and not President Bush, has misinterpreted.

Senator Kerry reportedly said:

The Senator appears, in fact, to be saying that Saddam was preferable to the current state of affairs. Whether one thinks he’s right or wrong, that’s not an outrageous position. Reasonable persons can and do heatedly disagree on whether Saddam or the current state of affairs is preferable.

But it does appear that the President interpreted Senator Kerry’s remarks accurately. And thus, it appears that someone in the news media, and not President Bush, has misinterpreted.[/quote]

:help: Looks like that is a misinterpretation to me. That is not an accurate way to twist someone’s words.

Cry me a river. I agree that is a misrepresentation but the Left will have to go along way farther to get sympathy from me.

We have the misrepresentation of Bush saying Saddam was responsible for 911. He said al Qaeda was responsible and that al Qaeda had ties with Saddam.

We have the misrepresentation that Bush said the Iraqi threat was imminent. He said we had to do something BEFORE it became imminent.

We have the lies of Joseph Wilson splattered across front pages but nary a follow up and if so on page 12 on how he was disproved and his statements were lies.

So when the tally gets a bit closer to the Right misrepresenting the left you can sign me,

Unconcerned

it’s not a misrepresention. it’s trying to pretend that there’s more to kerry’s words than just wishy washy nuance.

kerry said we traded a dictator for chaos.

what does that mean?

let’s analyze the sentence for a minute. we KNOW that it’s an inherent criticism of bush, so we would probably be refering to a trade where the result was worse than what was there previously. it would be a rather poor critique of president bush if kerry were trying to say what bush did was a great thing because what we have today is better than saddam.

i’m guessing from the context that kerry is trying to say the chaos we have in iraq now is worse than saddam. therefore it is perfectly logical to infer that kerry peferred saddam to the current chaos. but kerry would never ever carry it that far. because he doesn’t work in definite statements. he works in nuances that can be reinterpreted however you want. you get the benefits of attacking the other person without actually having to offer an argument.

in this case, bush is not twisting kerry’s words. he just makes the mistake of thinking that kerry’s words actually have substance.

here’s a quick test, cableguy. take this quote from kerry:

and answer this question: based on the above quote, was america better off with saddam in power?

pay close attention to the last sentence. there’s a hint in there. :wink:

Kerry’s lie about the draft is of a parcel with Democratic claims to seniors that Republicans will end Social Security, or to blacks that Republicans will bring back segregation. It is as much a sign of desperation as it is of a lack of integrity.

[quote=“Flipper”]here’s a quick test, cableguy. take this quote from Kerry:

and answer this question: based on the above quote, was America better off with Saddam in power?

pay close attention to the last sentence. there’s a hint in there. :wink:[/quote]

Flipper, but America is not better off using the above quote, it is only more secure, hence why the misrepresentation. Kerry was quite specific in his words, Bush was not when twisting those same words.

Interesting article TM although no quote from either Kerry or Edwards claiming that Bush might bring back the draft, even though he claims that Kerry said specifically that. Also what is with the first bit of the artilce? It makes no sense at all.

[quote]Two recent polls indicate the presidential race has tightened again to within the margin of error. John Kerry made it clear that this isn’t true in a speech in Florida Sept. 22.

In response to a question after a speech in West Palm Beach, Kerry said President Bush might bring back the military draft if he is re-elected.
[/quote]

[quote]West Palm Beach, Fla. - Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry, citing the war in Iraq and other trouble spots in the world, raised the possibility Wednesday that a military draft could be reinstated if voters reelect President Bush.

Kerry said he would not bring back the draft and questioned how fairly it was administered in the past.

Answering a question about the draft that had been posed at a forum with voters, Kerry said:

While he did not state that Bush would bring back the draft, he obviously ignored the plethora of statements made already by Bush and his administration stating that the draft would NOT be reinstated. There are apparently bills in both houses of Congress calling for the draft to be reinstated… however, these bills are sponsored by and supported by Democratic legislators, not Republicans. The Bush administration has stated repeatedly that the US will not reinstate the draft while Bush is President. As such, Kerry’s above-cited statement is either an attempt to mislead or an illustration of Kerry’s ignorance of the issue.

Which do you think Kerry’s statement is?

[quote=“Traveller”]
Flipper, but America is not better off using the above quote, it is only more secure, hence why the misrepresentation. Kerry was quite specific in his words, Bush was not when twisting those same words.[/quote]

so when kerry says that america is LESS SECURE, he is not suggesting that it is worse off?

traveller, are you saying that in an era where one of the most important issues occupying the nation is SECURITY you don’t think SECURITY has a any impact on the well-being of the nation?

[quote=“Flipper”][quote=“Traveller”]
Flipper, but America is not better off using the above quote, it is only more secure, hence why the misrepresentation. Kerry was quite specific in his words, Bush was not when twisting those same words.[/quote]

so when Kerry says that America is LESS SECURE, he is not suggesting that it is worse off?

traveller, are you saying that in an era where one of the most important issues occupying the nation is SECURITY you don’t think SECURITY has a any impact on the well-being of the nation?[/quote]

Flipper, the US is worse of in the area of security, not necessarily in general, hence why the misrep.
Of course security has an impact on the well being, but feeling less secure or down in one area, does not mean that in general people feel or even are worse off.

[quote=“The Magnificent Tigerman”]

[quote=“The Magnificent Tigerman”]While he did not state that Bush would bring back the draft, he obviously ignored the plethora of statements made already by Bush and his administration stating that the draft would NOT be reinstated. … As such, Kerry’s above-cited statement is either an attempt to mislead or an illustration of Kerry’s ignorance of the issue.

Which do you think Kerry’s statement is?[/quote][/quote]

I don’t think it is either. I think it is just electoral politics. My guess is he thinks its a non-issue but he doesn’t want to give Bush any help at all. It would be the same if the roles were reversed. The writer of the original article spun it too. That’s just politics these days. As for what cableguy is complaing about, as far as I can see it is just a compete non-issue. This election is and will continue to be like an argument between a husband and wife. Whatever each side says the other will find a way to put a negative spin on it, and twist it into something that clearly wasn’t meant. IMOHO Kerry fucked up in not working this out earlier. He tried to run against Bush the way he ran against the rest of the Democratic candidates in the primaries. Fine in that race against Bush he should have known that it was going to get very dirty very quickly.

[quote=“Traveller”]Flipper, the US is worse of in the area of security, not necessarily in general, hence why the misrep.
Of course security has an impact on the well being, but feeling less secure or down in one area, does not mean that in general people feel or even are worse off.[/quote]

To borrow from Shakespeare,[quote] I knew [I] must be edified by the margent ere [I] had done.[/quote] Hamlet 5.2.120

Apparently I lack the requisite refinement of sensibility to understand the Senator. But I’m not alone:

From Don Imus’s interview, at msnbc.msn.com/id/6009011/ :

[quote]IMUS: But it sounds – that may or may not be a good plan, but meanwhile, we had three soldiers dead in Iraq yesterday and how many die before – wind up over there in the rehab room at Walter Reed before a plan like this kicks into effect? Also, I was talking to…

KERRY: Well, Don, I realize that, but the fact is that the president is the president. I mean, what you ought to be doing and what everybody in America ought to be doing today is not asking me; they ought to be asking the president, What is your plan? What’s your plan. . . .

IMUS: We’re asking you because you want to be president.

KERRY: That’s correct. But I can’t…

. . . .

IMUS: Do you think there are any circumstances we should have gone to war in Iraq – any?

KERRY: Not under the current circumstances, no, there are none that I see. I voted based on weapons of mass destruction. The president distorted that and I’ve said that. I mean, look, I can’t be clearer. But I think it was the right vote based on what Saddam Hussein had done, and I think it was the right thing to do to hold him accountable.
. . . .[/quote]

From the Dallas Morning News:

dallasnews.com/s/dws/news/wa … 6249a.html (gotta register to read it ) :frowning:

Maybe Senator Kerry should hire you as his spokesperson, and I’m not being sarcastic (at least not as to you). He needs an explicator. :laughing:

[quote=“Traveller”]
Flipper, the US is worse of in the area of security, not necessarily in general, hence why the misrep.
Of course security has an impact on the well being, but feeling less secure or down in one area, does not mean that in general people feel or even are worse off.[/quote]

let me break this down mathematically.

W = overall wefare of the nation
E = economic situation
S = security situation
M = misc factors that affect well being

W = E + S + M

by reducing S, you are also reducing W. it’s simple math here. basic logic.

my argument is a basic logical deduction. your argument is based ENTIRELY on your speculation on what kerry meant to say.

[quote=“Flipper”][quote=“Traveller”]

let me break this down mathematically.

W = overall wefare of the nation
E = economic situation
S = security situation
M = misc factors that affect well being

W = E + S + M

by reducing S, you are also reducing W. it’s simple math here. basic logic.

my argument is a basic logical deduction. your argument is based ENTIRELY on your speculation on what Kerry meant to say.[/quote]

This is a gross simplification. Say it in clear English like Traveller did. It’s logical to explain economics, which can be nailed to a dollar, in mathematical terms. Only cults can get away with explaining people in abstract terms.

[quote=“twocs”]
This is a gross simplification. Say it in clear English like Traveller did. It’s logical to try to explain economics, which can be nailed to a dollar, in mathematical terms. There you were explaining people in abstract math symbols.[/quote]

lol. i’m sorry simple variables are too abstract for this discussion. let me say it in clear english:

security is THE MOST IMPORTANT factor in the well-being of the us when talking in terms of the war on terror. the level of security has a direct impact on the well-being of the country in 2004. kerry said we were less secure. that means the country’s worse off.