Buxiban PCR tests

I think the idea is to get them vaxxed so they won’t be tested.

If you test every teacher every week, there will be shut downs.

1 Like

My friend’s school is going to use these tests. I can see how schools are confused about which tests are OK or not.
FORA/VTRUST COVID19 Antigen Self Test (福爾威創家用新型冠狀病毒抗原快速檢驗套組)

It was meant as a sarcastic joke. Many an American kid has seen the obligatory cartoon or TV episode where the kid doesn’t want to go to school and he or she heats up the thermometer.
Some have even tried it.
Darn you modern technology. No more mercury thermometers :thermometer:! No more fake fevers .
My wife the test, meds and a refreshing iv for around 600NT of course it wasn’t fun.

1 Like

Agree. Vaccinated people will test positive and may or may not have symptoms. The vaccines appear to be working and will have to be changed every year to keep up.

1 Like

That’s particularly challenging. You’re under pressure to get vaccinated when vaccines aren’t currently available to you.

There are little people who enjoy this sort of crap.

1 Like

The OP can’t currently get a vaccine.

Understand. All the schools and teachers seem to be in this situation. I guess that’s what happens when government makes rules without thinking about the impact.
My point is that even with a vaccine, people can still get it and infect others.

6 Likes

That’s right and then fully vaxxed teachers will end up having to do a test every week and it’ll end up being a nightmare.

2 Likes

If we go by the current logic, it does appear to be going that way. I hope not. I think the school owners are starting to understand the impact. Very similar to when they had the even and odd day checking of IDs which caused every shop to have an extra person standing at the door.

Or not caring about the impact.

I know that fully vaccinated people can still contract the virus but with no significant symptoms to date, AFAIK. It begs the question why were vaccines wasted on people not at risk? Probably the result of some waffle about long Covid. Meanwhile, poor brown people at risk lack vaccines

1 Like

If the (expletive deleted) people stay on top of the job and our borders remain secure. This whole situation was an avoidable mistake that should never happened…
All of this will fade away and we will stop talking about …
BTW… looking at the Taiwan vax more choices coming soon.

Signed up for a vaccine. My schools singed me up too, but I haven’t gotten a text about getting a jab yet. My whole issue with this is that so many of us have lost huge chunks of our incomes only to have schools ask us to buy our own tests when a lot of us are scraping by. I know many cram schools have also taken a hit, but asking teachers to buy tests is a huge FU to me. I just spent about 2k on five tests late last night because it was that or don’t work. When I addressed the issue with my boss, they essentially said it wasn’t their problem. Like many of you guys, I’m beyond pissed off that we have to do it and the kids don’t. It’s unfair, it hurts us financially and it lets unscrupulous managers take advantage of the situation to ask more and more.

8 Likes

Where can I have a PCR test done which doesn’t cost $7000 NTD? The hospital my school referred me to charges $7000 which I am not willing to pay.

Be a man/woman and demand the school pay for your test. If all the teachers organize, the school will cave.

2 Likes

it’s bs. The gov clearly said that you can do at home rapid test, this school like most are being shady.

the home test kits should cost less, shouldn’t they? Seems a bit high for a damn essential tool to GET to work. LOL.

I bet some asshat in the gov decided to do this and have one of his buddies sell the kits. total shit show.

2 Likes

if delta gets in, then its a matter of “when”

An Antigen-Test from a convenience store should be enough.

2 Likes

If schools need negative COVID tests from their teachers to remain open, it is the responsibility of the schools and the government to make that happen.

Please, ANY teachers who are being asked to pay for a COVID test at any amount over zero, tell your employer to eff off. Employees get so screwed over so much in this country. Asking someone to pay for a weekly COVID test, even if it’s NT100, is asking too much. It’d be one thing if this were the US and vaccines were readily available for months already (though, if this were the US, your COVID test would be free, as it has been for over a year now). This is Taiwan and Taiwan dropped the ball and Taiwan should fund any brilliant ideas it has for pandemic management.

11 Likes

My school messaged us saying “the first test needs to be done at a hospital”

Is this not a government requirement? Is this the school’s decision?
The school is in New Taipei City.

This is the school’s issue. They may not understand the rules so perhaps ask them to read this article and to contact the government. I have a friend who owns two buxibans in Tainan and they are using the rapid tests from the convenience stores.
未施打疫苗者應提供3天內快篩或PCR陰性證明
https://www.ntpc.edu.tw/home.jsp?id=d127e0ce0f4f407b&act=be4f48068b2b0031&dataserno=14dc56f04de79a09f82dc1cba78b3a9a&mserno=cdfca8f4e3eeb6df81e43a5af771c42f

1 Like