Buxiban PCR tests

I am pretty sure the school will not cover the PCR test either.
I am starting to regret going back to a buxiban…

do they say it should be a PCR test? Some hospitals do self pay rapid test for 1000NDT.

Yes the first test has to be PCR and then rapid after that.

I didn’t do that. A rapid test, which I did at school, was fine.

I could have taken it home to do but I was lazy.

Also New Taipei City.

Have you considered doing what @nz wrote? That is, telling them to stuff it, ideally with the support of your colleagues.

It would have been good actually if the government had foreseen this issue and made the rule along the lines of “if schools wish to reopen, they should provide rapid antigen tests once a week for each teacher”. They could also then buy them in bulk, rather than each teacher paying convenience store prices.

1 Like

Same here.

They paid for them. I expect this will change at some time. (It looked like they bought them in bulk, as they weren’t packaged in original boxes).

I would note that it wasn’t as painful doing it myself. The first PCR test I ever had, the person who administered it ‘shoved’ it up my nose then forcibly shoved it around several times like they were cleaning a toilet. (Someone elsewhere aptly described that process: nasal rape.) I was in so much shock, that I didn’t have time to even react. It hurt for 4 days afterwards. I would never let that happen again. The FYI, is that you can do it gently yourself and I didn’t have the need to get it so far up my nose as happened with the first test. I wouldn’t want to do a PCR test every week, given my first experience. But given a choice between the jab and a weekly self-test, its a no brainer.

4 Likes

Its likely they have foreseen the issue, and that’s exactly why teachers will eventually have to pay for them.

It would be interesting if people refused to pay and took schools to court after losing their jobs. It seems unreasonable to impose additional fees on workers that weren’t stipulated in the original contract.

1 Like

I am new to the school and don’t know my colleagues. I haven’t started working there yet. I guess they just did what they were told to do with the PCR test.

Well they say they will pay if you take the vaccine. If you don’t, then pay for them yourself.

And you don’t want to take the vaccine, right?

Nope

Is it a case that vaccinated don’t need them (after a few weeks or after the second jab) and unvaccinated do (in perpetuity?)

I think most teachers did what they were told with getting a vaccine.

Its going to be interesting to see what new contracts look like.

Out of interest, is it in the contract?

Vaccinated don’t need them two weeks after the first dose.

Makes sense, the vaccines are safe and effective.

I guess it will be interesting to see who’s footing the cost in a couple of weeks at my school. Presumably it will be me.

No, I signed a contract before all this vaccine and testing stuff happened.

I’m confused as to why they aren’t doing spit tests? I feel like that would be more efficient? Or do those not have home testing abilities?

I have no idea, maybe they consider the nasal ones more accurate? Or maybe its a government standard/requirement.

How much do PCR tests cost now, and is the price still higher for foreigners?