Buxiban PCR tests

Many hospitals charge 3500NTD for 48hrs, 4500 for the same day

Some hospitals set higher for foreigners/non NHI.

So it’s up to the hospitals? And do you mean foreigners without NHI or foreigners and anyone without NHI.

That is my understanding.

That’s old news, though. I’ve seen some hospitals, TCH Ren’ai I think, charge less but with no information about foreigners.

Yes, you will see in the article they dropped their prices, at least for residents. I don’t know what current prices are for foreigners, I would presume they are still relatively more expensive. It shouldn’t be too hard to find out by contacting them.

yes, up to the hospitals. If they don’t list their costs separately, it may be the same for everyone.
Some hospitals distinguish nationals and foreigners. some do NHI holders and non-holders. Some do residents and non-residents of their local areas.

It’s even lower now, but I don’t know the number. $3,500 at TCH I think.

I remember now that, I think, Adventist was vague but it looked like there was one price for nationals and foreigners with NHI and it said that other foreigners would be charged at their international medicate rates.

So that means Americans don’t have to pay anything for the test. Sounds good to me!

Their = Adventist’s

Adventist seems like a poor option in this case then, given their apparent policy of charging people without NHI the IPCC rate. :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:

If you were not a citizen of the Republic of China (Taiwan), or a foreigner without the resident certificate , your medical bill will be charged as the standard fee schedule in the International Priority Care Center (IPCC).

Sorry, that post was garbled, but as @tando said, it means the rate Adventist charges non-resident foreigners for medical treatment in their dedicated international service.

Probably that covers 99% of foreigners. About the only people who use the IPCC service are those whose company contracts with the hospital and offers it as a service or medical tourists. Anyone here illegally or on a tourist visa would go to a public hospital and pay in full.

1 Like

What I meant is that most other hospitals here don’t charge you a premium for not having NHI (you have to pay the fees for yourself of course, but the fees aren’t higher just because you don’t have NHI). Adventist apparently does, by forcing you to go through its IPCC.

I don’t know whether you meant something specific by “public hospital”, like the city hospitals in Taipei, but what I wrote above applies to every other hospital I’ve been to in Taipei (NTUH, TMUH, Mackay, Tri-service, Cathay), AFAIK.

Not sure where to ask this, but does anyone know if schools can accept proof of vaccination in another country in lieu of the testing requirements?

Has anyone else noticed a shortage of rapid-fire tests in 7-11, Family Mart, Hi-Life etc? Took me an age to find a shop selling them today, and when I did (Watsons) they only had 2 left. I would guess that a lot of teachers and schools have been stockpiling for the new semester. The government really needs to step up production - and ideally start cutting the cost - of PCR tests if they’re going to be a weekly (!!) requirement. It’s the 2020 situation with facemasks all over again.

Our school is now making us pay for the rapid antigen test. Can anyone please tell me where I can get them the cheapest in bulk? (My understanding is the standard price is around 300NTD).

Thanks Michael, and do you know where I can buy those rapid antigen tests cheaply and in bulk?