Buy a forum a coffee

Yes. Which I believe would address @Mithrandir’s needs.

If anyone happens to need an email address for use in testing, ‘example.org’ has been reserved for such a purpose.

3 Likes

Bought a coffee. Would be interested to see the impact of the coronavirus on traffic on the site @GooseEgg.

3 Likes

Hello. I don’t know what this is about. What did the :bear: miss?

Can you explain the coffee thingies for those of us technically challenged?

It’s a way to contribute funds to Forumosa for hosting the forum and keeping the lights on.

1 Like

Can I use PayPal?

Yes

Yes, but I balked because the site said “ship to” my physical address, and I wanted to stay anonymous. Plus, what the heck are they shipping :smiley:

1 Like

fify

3 Likes

I’ll take mine with a shot of strychnine, thanks.

1 Like

Sorry, that wasn’t quite in the spirit of the cup of coffee giving :slight_smile: Nice to see people contributing!

Was trying to buy you a coffee via paypal, got refused and asked paypal why. This is the response I got:

Please do allow me to explain the root cause to you.

Two Taiwan PayPal Accounts cannot transfer funds to each other as PayPal is subject to the supervision of relevant financial regulators, and we must comply with local laws and regulations. Thus, we suggest you to use a different payment method to complete this payment.

So looks like within TW paypal doesn’t work.

3 Likes

Just did it.

Don’t make me regret it.

6 Likes

Wow, this is good coffee. Thanks

I tried donating just now and them remembered how friggen back asswards taiwan is with money

You cant use paypal for taiwan to taiwan…friggen frustrating beyond words.

Any suggestions? I dont have credit card and no foreign paypal account.

“to comply with international regulations…”

This is a taiwan account trying to pay a taiwan account. Nothing international about it. And because they are a Singaporean based company and cowtow to their supreme leaders, one could argue it is even a within province thing. Bunch of dinks.

7 Likes

Any word on if I pay with a credit card the recipients can see my card name or number or anything?

It should be mentioned how much arrives at the other end.

Creators are paid 95% of the amount after a 5% platform fee.

Payment processing fees charged by PayPal and Stripe are also applicable.

I feel 5% on top of processing fees is a lot for just showing history of donors and their message.

@tempogain
You could look into https://en.liberapay.com/about/
Basically the same thing without 5% fees. You can decide how much you want to give Liberapay for their service, but not mandatory.

4 Likes

Flob is begpacking now? Sad! Build a wall!

Does paypal work for donating to the site?

No clue what that means. but to add. I do love the word zoid.

1 Like

Thank your to the bug report. I was able to get to this point without any trouble. Could you try using a different device or browser?

A quick search for PayPal Zoid directs me to a tip to adjust the javascript code but I don’t want to do that if this is an isolated (i.e., client-side) issue, give that PayPal donation has worked without a hitch since this was set up a year ago