Buy a forum a coffee

Cheers, will try from a computer later.

I have a latte, he had an espresso, we have two coffees. There are many varieties of beans, Arabica and Blue Mountain are popular coffees offerred by many distributors.

8 Likes

4 Likes

I remember arguing in a similar way with a British many years ago, but it was about milk (there are different types, right?)

Basically any such noun can be countable if one is talking about types.

3 Likes

Of all the milks available, I’d have to say cow’s milk and goat’s milk are my two favorites.

Fishes

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yeah, that was my point. He said no, that milk was uncountable and that you couldn’t use “milks”.

I typoblike a monster on thos phone. Sometimes i go back and clean it up bubother tines i just let it roll. Sometimes typos are improvements, other times they make for a funny alternstr viewing. The case youbhave hogjligjted is boring, thougj

Writers would probably opt for “types of milk” or “milk types” ?

If one is going to correct others, they could at least be correct in their correction!

Looks Danish :grin:

1 Like

Still waters run deep.

Water being the mother of all liquids, I guess you could make a case for using a plural s for all liquids.

It’s not hard to find examples of “milks”.

And samples.

Your welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Same for “coffees”. Case closed.

2 Likes

Yeah when ordering beverages it’s standard.

1 Like

probably species too?

All the different coffees are tropical.

On milk, unleash the grammar nazis on vegan milks :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Perhaps the best way to settle this is, whoever buys the most coffee/coffees for Forumosa is right :grin:

2 Likes