Buy cop uniform?

Is it possible to buy a complete cop uniform or uniform items?

No, I’m not going to go out and impersonate a Taiwanese cop. I have more self-respect than that. A friend of mine (overseas) is a collector.
I kind of remember passing a store that sold uniforms many years ago, when I walked around with my eyes open, but I forget where it was. If anyone knows of such a store in Taichung that would be great.

You could get one made in Vietnam or Cambodia. nicely tailored to fit your “friend” aswell :smiley:

[quote=“Edgar Allen”]You could get one made in Vietnam or Cambodia. nicely tailored to fit your “friend” aswell :smiley:[/quote]No, my friend (he’s a federal agent) collects geniune law enforcement uniforms from all over the world, so he doesn’t have any use for replicas. It has to be the real deal.

Go to the local police station and ask them where they get theirs.

Go to the local police station and ask them where they get theirs.[/quote]

Bring a videotape into the station – they love it when you do that.

I have a friend who is a Federal Cop here. I asked him for a shirt to add to my collection and he gave it to me…So if you know someone on the inside…

Go to the local police station and ask them where they get theirs.[/quote]

Bring a videotape into the station – they love it when you do that.[/quote]

…and when you ask where to buy the shirt remember to scream and wave your arms…it is considered polite in Taiwanese culture.

Grap on my tired DB? :wink:

I don’t know about buying, but you can rent them at a place in the West Gate District (Ximending). We’ve rented uniforms a couple of times for filmmaking purposes.

I don’t get many chances to give you a tickle so I better get my shot in while I can. :wink:

Seriously though, just ask a cop. Heck, they might even throw in a nice shiny whistle with it.

My wife’s uncle high up in the local police department…I’ll ask him for you.

I have been looking for a nurse’s uniform and hospital gown…for a…friend…yeah.

Oh, and a wooden paddle.
:blush:

[quote=“jdsmith”]I have been looking for a nurse’s uniform and hospital gown…for a…friend…yeah.

Oh, and a wooden paddle.
:blush:[/quote]

You can borrow mine.

I also have a rabbit suit I need to get of.

Redwagon didn’t mention handcuffs to go along with the uniform so we can assume he has them already…and that’s weird.

[quote=“Durins Bane”]Redwagon didn’t mention handcuffs to go along with the uniform so we can assume he has them already…and that’s weird.[/quote]I think it’s pretty weird not to own at least one pair of handcuffs. :wink:

Banes is a Califreakoid. They’re into plasticuffs and mace.

Costume stores are a great place to find that kind of stuff. You might be able to find some old or unique stuff.

I found a very nice Panzer dress jacket at costume shop once. The guy didn’t know what he had but I did… :wink:

Handcuffs are old fashioned and not in use anymore. Plastic Ties are much more convenient and easier to carry around, plus there is no risk of losing the keys.
Tash has a few plastic ties left over from the last time we used some. We are looking for some pink and fluffy ones, but we’re not sure where we can get any.

(Ps …Redwagon, try army shops for the Taiwanese army. I have seen police uniforms at these places on several occaisions, including rank stars, caps and badges). I’m sure youb are aware that there are loads of these shops around Taichung

[quote=“Dangermouse”](Ps …Redwagon, try army shops for the Taiwanese army. I have seen police uniforms at these places on several occaisions, including rank stars, caps and badges).[/quote]Yeah, that’s probably where I saw them… it was just soooo many years ago. :blush:

This place is just too damn hot & humid for rabbitt suits.
And never mind how I would know that…just never mind. :howyoudoin: :whistle:

This place is just too damn hot & humid for rabbitt suits.
And never mind how I would know that…just never mind. :howyoudoin: :whistle:[/quote]

That’s why I insist that I play the carrot and Mrs. Bane plays the rabbit. That, and a few other reasons. :blush:

First off, there’s going to be hell to pay when Irishstu hears about this, he seems to be under the impression that the “plastic tie” game was exclusive to you and he.

Second,

[quote=“Dangermouse”]
Tash has a few plastic ties left over…[/quote]

“Left over”??? Seems to imply that one might be having some difficulty in “closing the deal”…