Buying a scooter w no ARC. Gogoro?

You can’t. Your best bet for both a new/used Gogoro or a second hand scooter is for a local friend to buy in their name and to register under their name. You can still ride it because Taiwan is pretty relaxed if the vehicle you’re riding is not in your name. Unless you have an international driver’s license in which allows to operate a motorcycle/scooter, you still need a local scooter license. The likelihood of being pulled over is low, but if you ever do and you don’t have a license, you’re pretty much screwed.

I believe the Far East Tone phone contract + Gogoro promotion is over. If it isn’t, I do not believe you can get the incentives. For you to receive any kind of government incentives, you need a local ID NOT an ARC.

Check my post here for more info:

Try giving the admin a PM on this group and ask if he’s willing to lend you one of his.

I do not recommend buying a ghost bike, the consequences after you get pulled over are not worth the convenience you get from a ghost bike. Admin of the FB group will probably say something similar.