Buying Brunei dollars in Taiwan

Does anyone know where to buy Brunei dollars in Taiwan? I asked in Megabank and they don’t have them. According to the staff there, there’s nowhere to buy them in Taiwan but I thought I’d check here in case

Bank of Taiwan

If they don’t have it, no one else will.

But in practice most would exchange to USD or Euros and exchange for whatever currency in the destination country.

2 Likes

Most people just withdraw from an ATM in Brunei. Easiest way really. I lived in Brunei for two years.

If you really want bring cash buy Singapore dollars as they are paired currency.

8 Likes

Which is terrible advice as you would then need to exchange again.

2 Likes

Yea, I never said it was going to be cheap to do so, but for some countries it’s the only way.

But withdrawing from ATM is another way, or use credit cards if accepted, then the bank does the conversion automatically.

Was gonna writing it. SGD and Brunei dollars are interchangeable at parity and both accepted in both countries.

1 Like

This is about one country. Brunei. As you clearly have no clue it uses the Singapore dollar and even did so when I lived there in 1986 - 1988 maybe just stop commenting on things you know nothing about please.

2 Likes

Thanks! Ended up getting Singapore dollars since I can use them in Brunei.

1 Like

Great. Singapore dollars fine all over Asia as well.

When I was a member of the Brunei Yacht Club I was able to go to the Singapore Cricket Club, sign chits and pay back in Brunei on my monthly account.

1 Like

Sir you are a man of countless surprises. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

3 posts were split to a new topic: Why do People Demand 100% Accuracy on Facts?

I’ve been around lol. Also a member of the Sultans private clubs. We had airconditioned squash courts and a lovely pool area.

1 Like

And you left all that . . . for Taiwan!

It makes me even more convinced that we need a thread called “The Full and Unabridged Story of @Satellite_TV.” :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

3 Likes

what love doesn’t do huh?

1 Like

I was a mere Australian Government flunkie working at the Australian High Commission. Being a diplomat one was automatically granted club memberships and access to places other people were not given access to. Had a housekeeper, could buy a car tax free Yes I left a cushy lifelong public service career in Foreign Affairs for Taiwan. It’s been covered in the threads on this site before. Maybe since 2004.

2 Likes

In other words, perhaps before this site was even called “forumosa”!

You have led an interesting life . . .

Guy

1 Like

I joined when it was forumosa.

It’s been an adventure. Once back in Canberra I ran into a chap I had gone to school with. he also joined the public service. Had that nice cushy life, married kids divorced the carpets and TV were paid for. He told me he felt so unsatisfied with his life. Would not have taken the risk to quit and do something else job security was too important. Back in the 80’s life long jobs many did not have. I would rather have tried and failed at something than not have tried at all and regretted not doing so.

2 Likes

That would not make much of an epitath, would it?

The carpets and TV were paid for.

Guy