By all means translate things into English, but

[quote=“tomthorne”

It’s a very successful school by the way.[/quote]

No doubt! God, it looks horrible. :laughing:

Is that photo actual size?

No, it’s a pixie school. It’s under a mushroom in the bluebell forest, far far away.

I’d assume that there is a method to make photos smaller, and this method is really easy. Unfortunately this is definitely beyond my capabilities. It took me most of this afternoon just to get the photo downloaded.

Maybe should hire the dude from Green Island.

FUCK VERY HOT

Gan hen re!
Must be the guy from the Hong Kong stores brother. Fuck Goods, instead of dry goods.

I never get tired of seeing the ‘Fuck goods’ sign.

A few more

In this economy, this says it all!!!

Fucking doesn’t seem like a good idea when the goods are dry.

Sorry, that was a bit obvious.

My wife’s mainland compatriot colleague has an excellent email signature along the same lines (personal details obscured to protect the guilty):

Who’s the photograph of? I assume it’s not him.

English in Taiwan, everuthing is done according to:

Happy go lucky!

[quote=“Wanderer from Outer Space”]English in Taiwan, everuthing is done according to:

Happy go lucky![/quote]

True that.

Hmm, apparently it is him. Do you think I should blur his face too? It wouldn’t be as funny then…

Hmm, apparently it is him. Do you think I should blur his face too? It wouldn’t be as funny then…[/quote]

Now, let us have the rest of the data, starting with whether he’s single, hetero, not living with his Mom, etc… :howyoudoin:

I mean, one way of improving English all around is establishing better relations with our bretheren comrades of the Mainland… :whistle:

Hmm, apparently it is him. Do you think I should blur his face too? It wouldn’t be as funny then…[/quote]

I’m not sure to be honest. I think if people put something up online then they’ve chosen to put it in the public domain so it’s pretty much open season. On the other hand, what if he sees it and then gases himself with charcoal burners because of the shame? Could happen.

I’m not sure to be honest. I think if people put something up online then they’ve chosen to put it in the public domain so it’s pretty much open season. On the other hand, what if he sees it and then gases himself with charcoal burners because of the shame? Could happen.[/quote]
I’m not sure shame is one of the attributes this fellow possesses. As you say - he’s made it public domain, so I think it can stay.

A Chinese student just finished an assignment and I offered to proof the English for her before she submitted it. She immediately declined, explaining that her ‘grammar software’ would correct all errors. She is an English lecturer in a Chinese university.

Is it arrogance or ignorance? Maybe they all think that these software packages and electronic dictionaries do what the marketing says, and because nobody ever pulls them up on the garbage that comes out they just don’t know any better? I was just really shocked that someone who teaches English at HE level would think this.

I think much of it derives from sheer sloth, hackneyed hubris, and a mind-numbing lack of scrutiny for the detail.

[quote=“bobl”]Maybe should hire the dude from Green Island.

FUCK VERY HOT

Gan hen re!
Must be the guy from the Hong Kong stores brother. Fuck Goods, instead of dry goods.
[/quote]

Brilliant - nearly lost my job laughing at that one! I propose a new punctuation mark, the “ch” to state something is chinglish and not to be read literally, much like missspelling (sp)

So, my question is, “Is there a compendulum (ch) of ‘fuck photos’ somewhere?”

Just part of a very large, 4 stories high and approx 10 meters wide, hair salon sign here in Tainan…