Bye bye wife (2012-2022), bye bye Taiwan (2015-2022) - it feels awful Oki

A lot of the replies in this thread read like PUA/manosphere cringe… :grimacing:

8 Likes

There are so many forumosans who married taiwanese and are married for many years and even have children and some dont have good chinese either. But i see none of them here haha. Maybe they are avoiding this thread for a reason.

2 Likes

Maybe they just have better things to do, like raising a family.
:wink:

7 Likes

alot of taiwanese girl in canada? REally? heard it was more hongkongers.
some people say lots of taiwanese girls in california. well not in NORTH california, probably mostly in LA.

sometimes that is the case. I remained single for a long time after my first marriage disaster. And it was really byebye wife hello LIFE . Amen to that.

but here i am married again…

(this time is WAY better though ) :slight_smile:

5 Likes

And fair play to you, Tommy. Never ever have I been so wrong about something. :heart:

2 Likes

A lot of good tips for OP. Many good comments. I wish you all the best, by time you will feel better and maybe marry again like Tommy did.

4 Likes

In 5 minutes, I managed to find these:
【日本人的台灣印象】日本女生想和台灣男生談戀愛?台灣的路人都很OO?日本女生對台灣的印象是.... - YouTube. This is from a Japanese lady living in Taiwan, and in that video she and friends had a number of conversations about Taiwan and Taiwanese guys. TL;DR, they like Taiwan and they won’t mind dating Taiwanese guys.

The second video 日本女生真心話!台灣男生都很○○?告訴你怎麼抓住日本女生的心❤️ - YouTube features two Japanese ladies who are married to Taiwanese guys. They think Taiwanese guys are more active than Japanese guys when chasing girls, which they appreciate. They also think that there’s less pressure when going out on dates with Taiwanese guys, because the later do not focus too much on appearance (like putting on makeup before stepping out of the house).

Stereotyping is easy. Real life is more messy.

4 Likes

Lotsa xiaojies in Oregon these days. Started out in LA.

what about his past 28… what? today I’m having a hard time understanding forumosa.

1 Like

Correct. How ridiculous would it be for someone to not be able to get an APRC because they stayed too long?

1 Like

In Canada there is a point system - and approximately once you get over 28-30 it gets much harder to get a permanent residency. At least that was my understanding so far. The younger you are - the easier it is to get into Canada permanently - assuming you cannot go inverstors route or similar. Same for Australia.

Correct me if I am wrong - but as far as I know age matters. If you are 23-28 - graduated with a masters degree - and speak english and french - you kinda get in super easy. If you have the same stats but are 38 instead - plus no CV of highly paid jobs - forget it.

Have you ever been married?

I have some friends that talk like this. I’ve seen them openly criticize girlfriends in public for putting on weight. Their relationships did not last long. They are still single while the rest have gone on to have wives/families.

If you like being married and want to stay married, for god’s sake don’t make a score sheet.

9 Likes

Does that mean I could be Canadian if I just fly there? I am 23-28, I have a masters degree, and I speak both English and French.

no you won’t get citizenship - but it’s easy to get permanent residency that way for Canada or Australia - while it’s hard for older people.
What’s the problem - it’s same as Taiwan or other gold cards and whatever. Countries want qualified imigrants - without paying for them retirement money/social costs. It’s much better than other systems leading to largely unskilled immigrants…

1 Like

haha no but then I haven’t lived in countries where marriage is a tax advantage or similar. And no I don’t want kids - ever. I’ve been in a long time relationship (nearly 8 years) that we ended because our life pathes changed. I’m still good friends with her.

And no I would not critisize my girlfriend in public for putting on weight - but in private for sure. I mean if you publicly lower your friends/partners value - it lowers your value too, right?

Look at you, all Kim and Kayne.

Pro tip, people aren’t commodities. :bowing:

7 Likes

I heard Canada has become very bureaucratic and is expensive? Better to emigrate to USA.

Nah, these days, we’ll come to your country, do the lord’s work, and you’ll be here before you know it.

You is not alone! I wish someone could explain this to me:

Guy

1 Like