Bye bye wife (2012-2022), bye bye Taiwan (2015-2022) - it feels awful Oki

MAYBE I would drive a Tesla if someone paid me 70k for doing it, but not without feeling somehow shameful.

2 Likes

@junoreactor how old is your wife now, if you donā€™t mind me asking?

Iā€™m wondering if she her biological clock ticking, and in her mind this is her last chance to finda man who can give her what she wants (financial security, desire to be ā€œlooked afterā€, etc).

If you like Taiwanese girls, but donā€™t want to comeback to Taiwan, and beside English, you have your native language French BUT you donā€™t want to stay in France and plus you are not INTO learn chinese.

Best option you haveā€¦ Itā€™s CANADA !!!

French/English language country and with a lot of taiwanese girls. So you donā€™t need the effort to learn Chinese to talk to them .

Taiwanese Canadians - Wikipedia.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s right: As far as I understand the regulations, you MUST apply within 2 years of reaching your 5 years. That would be this year, 2022, if my math is OK (and if the OP really spent enough time in TW each year since 2015).

1. An applicant for permanent residency under Paragraphs 1 and 3 of Article 4 shall apply within two years after fulfilling the requirement of the period of residence exceeding 183 days each year

@yyy maybe you have experience whether or not this is strictly enforced?

@junoreactor my sympathies, and best of luck. I would suggest trying to get the APRC, regardless of whether or not you plan to stay or return to Taiwan. It at least gives you this option, in case you ever feel like it. To keep this option open for more than a year (with spousal based APRC), though, you would need to apply for extension here - or stay in TW long enough and file taxes.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t been following this discussion ergo donā€™t know the details, but if the applicant became eligible years ago and has not since then lost eligibility in any other way, I assume you can disregard the earlier years, e.g.

• ARCā€™s from 2010 to 2015 ==> apply by 2017 on the basis of the 2010 to 2015 ARCā€™s
  • ARCā€™s from 2010 to 2020 ==> apply by 2022 on the basis of the 2016-2020 ARCā€™s

Just speculating here though. :flying_saucer:

3 Likes

A high-value man who is not ready to settle down generally wants a girl who is fun and relaxed, with low neuroticism, and who satisfies him sexually.

A high-value man who is looking to build something that lasts wants a woman who will respect his value, take care of the home with a cheerful spirit, and be fun sometimes (in bed or otherwise).

As for guys who are not attracting women, they need a strong will to improve themselves in order for their desires to matter.

If you plan to live in any of Canadaā€™s cities, bring sacks of money. :neutral_face:

Guy

2 Likes

What are they referring to? I have skimmed this page and the relevant laws, but couldnā€™t find something that makes sense.

I wonder how lenient the APRCā€™s income and wealth requirement are considering OPā€™s situation.

Itā€™s really not a big deal like it used to be.

The OP has a JFRV and unrestricted work rights. He can do any job that he wants without needing a work permit.

All he needs to do is go to the tax bureau in May and self-declare an income of over 2x the Basic Wage for the year just before applying for the APRC, pay the taxes on the ā€œphantomā€ amount he declares, get his official tax paperwork to submit with the APRC application. Itā€™s simple.

I recently helped a JFRV guy who has been working various jobs that have paid him cash directly without any type of reporting. He did a quicky Excel spreadsheet to document his self-employment English teaching, because he magically became an English tutor in that moment. He went to the tax bureau, self-reported his income and paid the taxes on it, submitted the official documents with his APRC application and now heā€™s got an APRC. I would imagine that heā€™ll never pay taxes again. Although I didnā€™t recommend this course of action.

7 Likes

Tax and visa fraud. Classic.

Anyways good for OP then.

Bye bye wife,
Hello life.

5 Likes

Incorrect.

No visa fraud.

He was on a JFRV. He had unrestricted work rights and was eligible to do any job that would hire him.

No tax fraud

He self-declared his income for the year which you can do when you have a JFRV or an APRC. In fact, he didnā€™t actually earn more than he declared. So, in fact he was completely within the tax law by declaring his income and paying the necessary taxes on it. If anything, he over-reported and paid more than he should have.

APRC application fraud?

Nope. He was qualified based on visa status, residency status, 183 days per year for the previous 5 years, and income requirements for the year immediately preceding his APRC application.

Try again.

10 Likes

Yep. It sure applies to OP. After all he works in a totally legal gambling site without paying taxes. Simply report his income that definitely enough to get an APRC. Oops, sorry. Even if itā€™s not enough, simply self-declare a higher income and pay the taxes. And proceed not paying taxes anymore. That makes it A-OK.

1 Like

I wish the people in this forum realize that the same thing probably happened with banks.

Good question. On top of that page there are 4 laws quoted, and the one I guess this ā€œArticle 4, Paragraphs 1 and 3ā€ might refer to is the last one ā€œAct for the Recruitment and Employment of Foreign Professionalsā€

Which I guess could mean the 2 years donā€™t apply for Spouse APRCs and Gold card APRCs (ā€œforeign special professionalsā€), only for Work APRCs (ā€œforeign professionalsā€) and ā€œforeign senior professionalsā€ (not sure what that is)

1 Like

Saul

1 Like

The difference is a bank is not and should not be allowed to bucket people like that. Whether some foreigners run away is immaterial. Itā€™s a federally regulated industry and held to a different standard, not stereotypes

3 Likes

Nope because the OP wonā€™t qualify for a residency there I assume. Just speaking French and English doesnā€™t give you enough points if your past 28.

1 Like

Reading it again and comparing it with the Chinese page, it probably means even if you donā€™t fulfill the 183 days per year requirement for the past 1-2 years, you can still apply as long as you got continuous 5 years stay of 183 days per year in the past. Just before the last 1-2 years.

It doesnā€™t mean to forbid you from applying or force you to apply for APRC, just the latest you can use the 5 years of stay for the application is in 2 years.

1 Like

That is a very charitable view of how these things work.

1 Like