When you mess with President Brown
When you mess with President Brown

California Über Alles
California Über Alles
Über Alles California
Über Alles California
(2166) Dead Kennedys California Über Alles - YouTube

1 Like

Doing the recall vote now although I’m seeing a lot of posts from people saying they turned up only to find out they already voted.

Meet Kevin was commenting the stock market as usual yesterday. Seemed totally relaxed, or knows that he’s got no chance?

Seems the problem of turning up to vote only to find out they already voted, is not uncommon, but shouldn’t be happening.

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1437443098695643143
https://twitter.com/alwebbj/status/1437305019297157122

At CVS in Southern California picking up a prescription. After about a 20 minute wait in line, I hear a conversation between the pharmacist and customer 2 people ahead of me. Went something like, “OK a couple of these drugs might interact, so stop taking of your heart stops racing… albuterol, Z-pack… wait is this for Covid?” Customer nods head. “Do you have Covid?” Customer nods head. Pharmacist backs up and says sharply, “Please cover your nose with your mask!”
I left at that point. I am finally willing to admit California has failed…

1 Like

Sometimes it takes a while. :grin:

1 Like

It might redeem itself if the anti-democratic recall fails. Might, mind you.

With Newsom in office? I wouldn’t hold my breath.

It’s not about Newsom at tbe moment, it’s the process. If he loses, the winner could become governor with fewer votes than Newsom had.Whike I would not vote for him in a primary, the recall is a tremendous waste of resources.

1 Like

Well, it kind of is about him at the moment, but in the long run, yeah, it’s a wack system. One of the many things that contributed to California’s slow-motion implosion.

I still don’t see an implosion where I am. Many of the problems noted in this thread are associated with local conditions controlled at a local level. There may be net migration out of CA at present, but everyone I know who has left has left because they wanted to cash in on high home prices compared to where they were moving. Not to say it is a perfect state by any means, but hardly a failed one. Post secondary education is a problem. Costs are high even in state (the UCs run around $35k all in for infatuated students, and acceptance rates for CA students are abysmal), but they are also some of the highest rated colleges in the country. Most other states have much cheaper public university options.

1 Like

Back when I was in the UC system, tuition and fees were around a thousand a year.

1 Like

For UC Berkeley

Tuition and Fees $14k
Room and Board $18,456 on campus
Student Health Insurance Plan about $3800
Total Direct Undergraduate Costs **$36,470

That’s just insane. Minus Pell grants, etc. I probably paid around $2,000 total for four years at Cal. A state university education shouldn’t be that expensive.

Exit poll

Establishment wins again?

Party time again at the French Laundry.

Yeah, after Pell grants and merit, I was making more than tuition and fees at my college way back when.

That would be “voters”.

Biafra is a total jerk now.

The establishment has won over the voters again_