Calling Derek1978 to the HH, calling Derek

I never come at a HH. :frowning:

I could almost be from Leeds, by candlelight. :howyoudoin:

Why is that? You see, I’m a little apprehensive myself. Maybe we can go together?

Why is that? You see, I’m a little apprehensive myself. Maybe we can go together?[/quote]
Nama would prefer if you came together. Erm. If you catch my drift. How did Lord Lucan just take over my computer? Er, yes. More tea, Vicar?

Well, it’s a widely known fact that some Forumosans have had [color=red]
SEX
[/color] with other Forumosans. Is that what you meant? :laughing:

(EDIT – this is totally unrelated to my signature, ahem…)

SEX
[/color] with other Forumosans. Is that what you meant? :laughing:[/quote]
See, this is what I’m talking about. Everybody’s just talking in riddles and inside-joke lingo. It’s very unclear whether you actually let other people in or not.

In that other thread about the actual happy hour, one of your members said something about bitch-slappin’, if I remember correctly. Now, that’s funny when you know each other, but if you don’t, just can’t be sure what the real intention is.

A.T.

SEX
See, this is what I’m talking about. Everybody’s just talking in riddles and inside-joke lingo. It’s very unclear whether you actually let other people in or not.

In that other thread about the actual happy hour, one of your members said something about bitch-slappin’, if I remember correctly. Now, that’s funny when you know each other, but if you don’t, just can’t be sure what the real intention is.

A.T.[/quote]
Hi A.T. Yeah, there’s a lot of friendly banter going back and forth, but don’t pay any attention - at least don’t be intimidated by it. There are often quite a few significant others that come along to these events, so you can be sure at least a few normal people (i.e. non-Forumosans) will be there. I’ll be there at 10:30-ish or so, and so will my missus. Looking forward to meeting you. :slight_smile:

Hey, there are hot, single men and women in 'mosa. Seriously, go for it! :wink:

TPFKAT,

The initiation is rather tame really. You show up and have a good time. That’s it!

Now the question is do you know how to get to Alleycat’s?

See ya :slight_smile:

[quote=“TPFKAT”]

A.T.[/quote]

I know where you are coming from. I had the same thoughts before I went to my 1st HH, I even asked a similar question to yours. You have nowt to worry about… everyone’s friendly, all the online stuff stays online, all that insider stuff’s all bollocks in the end.

HTH

SEX

A.T.[/quote]
The real intention is to have some excellent pizza, drink some excellent beer and wine, meet some excellent people, some of whom will hopefully be new faces, and generally have a good time. Don’t confuse people’s on-line personas with actual real people. Except for me of course – I’m a nasty fucker whichever way you cut it.

Seriously, just come, but for heaven’s sake, INTRODUCE YOURSELF! You’ll only need to do it once – whoever you say “hello, I’m xxxxx” will introduce you to whoever is around and before you know it you’ll know a bunch of people.

I say this because it seems that people sometimes come to these things, don’t talk to anyone and then complain about it the next day.

Really, just pluck up your courage and say hi to someone. If you don’t want to talk to a stranger, then explain who you are to Alan, the boss at Alleycat’s. He’s also a Forumosan and he will be happy to introduce you around, I guarantee.

TPFKAT

I went a couple of months ago for the first time and had a ball. Can’t make this week as its at Alleycats and anyway have people in town. You should go, you will have fun.

Buttercup, where in Bradford are you from. I was up there almost last weekend (Morley to visit friends and then out Bingley/Baildon way). Lived there for about 5 years.

yeah, that’s really just about the worst thing you could do, other than pinch the chief’s butt.

I’m actually from Stockport. Sometimes I like to pretend I’m from Bradford… (I’m not really an abbatoir worker, either, although I do come across a lot of steaming offal and bs in my job.)

[quote=“sandman”]
Seriously, just come, but for heaven’s sake, INTRODUCE YOURSELF! You’ll only need to do it once – whoever you say “hello, I’m xxxxx” will introduce you to whoever is around and before you know it you’ll know a bunch of people.

[color=red]I say this because it seems that people sometimes come to these things, don’t talk to anyone and then complain about it the next day. [/color][/quote]

That was ME! ME ME ME!

TPFKAT: You will enjoy Happy Hour, the people are friendly and welcoming. Last HH was indeed Edgar Allens first and he fitted in very well. He even mentioned my perm!

Do it.

Thank you everyone.

I apologize to Derek for usurping his thread and getting you all off track. Don’t forget the mission is to get Derek to go. I have to admit I am intrigued about him now.

A.T.

Yes
we want Derek

we want Derek

(chant ad nauseum)

[quote=“TPFKAT”]Thank you everyone.

I apologize to Derek for usurping his thread and getting you all off track. Don’t forget the mission is to get Derek to go. I have to admit I am intrigued about him now.

A.T.[/quote]

Ahem, it’s MY thread! :smiley:

But you are correct: Paging Derek 1978, paging Derek1978…

Oh, and one more thing. Unlike some of the other events of this nature, our happy hours are absolutely NOT “networking schmoozefests” where people concentrate on collecting “useful business cards” and that kind of thing.

Our ones are strictly for fun and are non-career/work oriented. They’re really more like parties, usually.

So, it’s true what they say about you. You ARE vain :wink:

A.T.

PS Is this how I’m supposed to joke with you guys? Or should I be inside the circle first?