Campsites in Taiwan

Longmen? do you have any pictures/ Website? directions?
Do you want to join us this week end? Anybody else for that matter? Mr JD Smith maybe? how about you 914? that could be a round 2 for you with Sean?[/quote]

taiwan.wcn.com.tw/en/special/lungmen/

It’s a nice ride there by scooter too…I’ve never camped there, but it’s pretty close to Fulong, and it’s supposed to be pretty nice. For directions, look up the 106/102 directions thread…

Enjoy, and we’ll be diving up there this weekend. :sunglasses:

lonmen.cjb.net/

If driving in a car, you can go there in 2 hrs from Yangmei. it’s next to Fulong.

The only issue is that I will go for a slightly more expensive car tent site, as the thought of lugging all my gear 100 meter is not all that appealing.

You have power outlets, a table/bench thingy, a wooden platform for the tent, and a little bit of extra space.

toilets and showers are good, and we are close to the sea and Fulong beach.

Do you want to join us this week end? Anybody else for that matter? Mr JD Smith maybe? how about you 914? that could be a round 2 for you with Sean?[/quote]

Taiwan.wcn.com.tw/en/special/lungmen/[/quote]
Thanks MJB :wink:

Forgot, i usually drive over shiding, Shuangxi, and then out directly to the mountains. It’s a fair bit faster than going around the coast, I think.

MJB posted directions somewhere, I will see if I can find them.

I wish I could go. Have to finish moving out of the old house this weekend.

have fun!

jds

Directions to Fulong via the scenic 106/102.

[Shortcuts/Scenic routes to Fulong/Tashi

This place was mentioned in another thread. It’s in Sanxia. Very close.

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … g&&start=0

We are going this weekend, leaving Yangmei late morning Saturday, and arriving in Longmen 1pm - 2 PM or so. That would leave our campsite set up before 3 pm - we will then walk down to the ocean over the red bridge, and wade a bit - see the girls playing in the sand for 1-2 hours. The sun will be less sharp, and it will be cooler.

It could be a good idea to get a couple of sites together, so we could make a mini-forumosa thingy, but without the organization. However, I prefer the slightly more expensive sites, where you can drive your car in.

Trying to get ironman into it as well - buying some additional nails for the old tent, as 914 and Ironman bent a few on the orumosa camping trip. How many are up for it?

Odds are good we’ll be in the area…But I won’t be camping, need a place to store my tanks and get a decent night’s sleep.

Will try to hook up with the gang after our night dive…Looking forward to it. :slight_smile:

:noway:
Oh I never! What has he been telling you? :noway:

Oh wait, you mean Little Sean? :laughing: Yeah, I love him.

Je m’excuse je ne peux pas aller a la camping avec vous. Je dois travailler ce weekend. (How good was that?)

[quote=“914”]
Je m’excuse je ne peux pas aller camper avec vous. Je dois travailler ce weekend. (How good was that?)[/quote]
That was pretty good actually!
OK Mr He and MJB, will see you there.
Anyone else?

[quote=“MJB”]Odds are good we’ll be in the area…But I won’t be camping, need a place to store my tanks and get a decent night’s sleep.

Will try to hook up with the gang after our night dive…Looking forward to it. :slight_smile:[/quote]
What time you reckon you’ll hit the water and where? My son wants to see you go diving.

He’s welcome to come and watch, and it’s actually kind of cool to see people set off on a nightdive…Superpowerful flashights flickering around underwater and the gear is neat for a kid to see…

But after that it would be 50 minutes of sheer boredorm sitting on a rock waiting for us to come back.

The divesite is pretty far from Fulong, about 40 minutes south, with a short but very steep climb down a nasty trail and then about 200 meters across some damn slippery rocks…You’ll need felt bottomed booties or you’ll be on your butt every 20 feet…

Maybe get him in the water for a snorkel in Fulong?

[quote=“MJB”]He’s welcome to come and watch, and it’s actually kind of cool to see people set off on a nightdive…Superpowerful flashights flickering around underwater and the gear is neat for a kid to see…

But after that it would be 50 minutes of sheer boredorm sitting on a rock waiting for us to come back.

The divesite is pretty far from Fulong, about 40 minutes south, with a short but very steep climb down a nasty trail and then about 200 meters across some damn slippery rocks…You’ll need felt bottomed booties or you’ll be on your butt every 20 feet…

Maybe get him in the water for a snorkel in Fulong?[/quote]
Yeah, that might be a little too difficult. Maybe another time another place. :slight_smile:

Hey Mr He, just wanted to double check something. There is a place to get food and water over there, right?

They have a supermarket - I think that you can order a barbecue set there too, plus a few other things.

However, if you are willing to spend teh extra money for a car campsite. (would be a total of NT$850 as opposed to NT$650 for a “standard” campsite), then you could get a place next to ours. We will be making a salad, and bring a hot stone barbecue, along with an electrical one. (Real barbecues are not allowed there).

we could then split it a bit, so you bring some, we bring some, and we would be OK, I guess.

[quote=“Mr He”]They have a supermarket - I think that you can order a barbecue set there too, plus a few other things.

However, if you are willing to spend teh extra money for a car campsite. [/quote]
What do you mean by a car campsite? We are going with a motorbike.

[quote=“igorveni”]
What do you mean by a car campsite? We are going with a motorbike.[/quote]

You can drive to the campsite, and it contains a small parking spot for your car. The idea is that we could go together about things like dinner and such, thus making it easier and more fun for all of us.

Let me know if you are interested.

[quote=“Mr He”][quote=“igorveni”]
What do you mean by a car campsite? We are going with a motorbike.[/quote]

You can drive to the campsite, and it contains a small parking spot for your car. The idea is that we could go together about things like dinner and such, thus making it easier and more fun for all of us.

Let me know if you are interested.[/quote]
Hmmm…I ain’t got a car, so that’s a no go, Don’t matter, we can still arrange something.
Hey, do I need to book a spot, call in advance or something, or just show up will do it? It seems it’s gonna be a beautiful week end so?

I don’t think you need a car for the car spots, actually.

Yes, if we are to live more or less close, then booking a day in advance is a good thing.

And I will not make up my mind about going now. We want to, but better take a look at the tyophoon currently forming, and if it ends up here on in the philippines.

[quote=“Mr He”]I don’t think you need a car for the car spots, actually.

Yes, if we are to live more or less close, then booking a day in advance is a good thing.

And I will not make up my mind about going now. We want to, but better take a look at the tyophoon currently forming, and if it ends up here on in the philippines.[/quote]
WHAT? A typhoon? No F*****G way. Hold on, I’ll just make a few calls and I’ll get back to you! :smiley: