Can I stay NWHOR for as long as I want?

NIA told me I´m not.

What they probably meant was you didn’t have an ID.
And they were probably being racist.

But if you had a TARC you were a national.

2 Likes

My mom told me I was special…

3 Likes

I doubt that.
And even if they did, they’re wrong. It is not uncommon for NIA to talk a whole lot of rubbish.

According the ROC constitution you are a national. You simply do not have household registration.

For the record, the inside of your passport has this.

2 Likes

I’m actually on my way to the post office now to get the bank cheques to pay for my naturalisation. Apparently naturalising won’t make me a national. I’m confused

2 Likes

The same person also said

2 Likes

To give you a precise response, all the tw passports are the same. They dont print two kinds. They just print a entry permit and paste it in the nwohr tw passports. And it doesnt have TW ID number. Thats the difference.

I know that. I think you are the one that is confused.

1 Like

Not confused, just telling you NIA told me I´m not national.

They often tell me that I’m an alien. Doesn’t necessarily mean I’m an alien.

You have to take everything that an incompetent government who can’t even get an ID numbering system working say with a grain of salt.

5 Likes

Really? Who would have known that? I have renounced a citizenship without being able to resume it. So have others I know. Some now have the benefit they can renounce their current citizenship, get the Taiwan passport and Tarc, and as soon as they have done that they can apply to resume their citizenship they renounced. This is perfectly fine. It is allowed. It matters not how one is able to apply that is not relevant.

2 Likes

I have had the Taiwan national passport without ID. My son also has one. However I now am head of household and have ID card. My grandchildren are not born in Taiwan so they too have the Taiwan national passport and need entry permit and later TARC then if live here they too can get HH and ID card.

So yes you have a Taiwan passport, with this you are a national. Then you got an entry permit but you need to get a TARC. You need to stay in Taiwan for one year without leaving on a TARC to get HH and ID card. I have done this. But as you ran low on money you did not and left Taiwan.

Which reason did you use to apply TARC?

Naturalisation AF372

1 Like

you cannot use the reason, because you are a born national. they are naturalized national.

they should have resided in Taiwan for at least 3 years on ARC to qualify for naturalization.

2 Likes

She needed a reason because she holded a NWOHR TW passport.

Justin, you are supposing it. She didn´t mentioned which reason she applied. We don´t know if she renounced her foreign nationality or used another reason.

so,

being a naturalized nwohr is his reason to be given TARC. renouncing an original nationality is a part of the process for the naturalization. renunciation itself is not a reason for TARC. even if you renounce your non taiwanese nationality, you cannot use AF372.

3 Likes

I know satellite TV naturalised. I know he renounced. I also know he resumed his citizenship.

If you renounce, your TARC eligibility won’t change. You didn’t naturalise. You were born a national.

3 Likes