Can my employer deduct NHI payments from my salary?

Love ya Ike, but haven’t we been over this before?

中華民國刑法

The article Charlie posted cites the Supreme Court’s 97年台上字第4546號刑事判決 as an example of what’s permissible: someone surreptitiously recorded his/her spouse and spouse’s partner to prove adultery, and it was deemed acceptable.

Of course, just because you have a prima facie justification to make a recording, that doesn’t mean you can engage in dirty tricks or trample on people’s privacy. (I’m just explaining, not accusing OP of anything dirty.) As the article also says, the Criminal Code isn’t the only law that (sometimes) applies.

I would say (as a layperson, not a lawyer) that posting the recording here serves no legitimate purpose because (1) not being an organ of state, we have no jurisdiction over a labor or insurance dispute, and (2) the situation was easily communicated in writing, so there was no need to expose anyone’s voiceprint to the interwebs; even if the situation could only be understood by listening to the recording, that still probably wouldn’t be enough to justify publication. That’s why I advised OP to remove it. (OP seems to have mistaken me for the Admin. I’m just a humble moderator!)

Tl/dr:
Don’t be afraid to record someone when you believe it’s necessary for the protection of your rights, but be cautious about what you do after you make the recording. And for ****'s sake, don’t put it online unless you’re absolutely sure it’s okay!

3 Likes