Can someone explain this accident to me?

Ha. I will try that voice today. To see if I drive into the ocean.

Screenshot_20190827-055050_Maps

Come on they can’t just react that quickly and jump out of a car that fast.

Looks like he was stopping to let people out (or in) and had already open the door to get out and they were getting out. But he forgot to put the car in park. His leg was not out to stop that car, it was out because he was getting out or maybe in.

The door on other side was already open and they were either getting in or getting out.

It appearz in the car rolled into the ocean and did not slide into the ocean. The driver is unfamiliar with the rental car.

Looks like a dog also wanted to help but wasn’t sure what to do.

Anyway more importantly, it is Ghost month so lost ghosts in the ocean are trying to get some friends.

4 Likes

I’m not a driver but the simple thing I notice from the bus driver is the break. Seems he did not step on that break then panicked attacked he jumped out of the car.

Will he pay for that rented car?

Pictures of the site from Google map show it’s a completely flat spot where his car was stopped facing the ocean and there is no incline until you’re actually on the ramp.

Screenshot_20190827-064110_Maps

Screenshot_20190827-064159_Maps

Screenshot_20190827-064317_Maps

He was basically in the same parking spot as this little blue truck.

He was parking the car to let people out or in and lost awareness. Driver fail.

Lucky no one died.

Screenshot_20190827-064843_Maps

That depends on his insurance coverage and possible litigation to determine fault.

But since it has so much media coverage the rental company may absorb it and let it go away.

Depends on the family. There’s one class of explanations right there.

Peraps e has been theeengkeeng of theees for some time, and I, Ercule Ducked’, have solved thees mysteriuos case.

1 Like

The whole generation of people have no any idea how things work. This often explains various accidents.

FFS! How many bloody times?

Its BRAKE, as in slow or stop a vehicle using its BRAKES.

I think this is true even if you are American.

Unless you mean have a breakdown, which one can always do, and perhaps he has/will.

1 Like

or even how to spell them.

1 Like

Is this his friend and were they smoking marijuana?

Putting your foot down to stop a huge vehicle is something a scooter driver would do.

Screenshot_20190827-081015_Chrome

Nothing there I’d trust to stop a vehicle

“breaks” already covered
e brake (not e break apparently, which is good, though puzzling):

Never trust anything that begins with e

English, erection, election, education, egg, ego:

See?

Tango has it. They were getting out and the van rolled away from them.

The case is solved.

Obviously the van just fancied a dip in the ocean. We’ve all had those feels once you get to the seaside and are parking up.

Luckily, no one died. There were 9 adults, 5 of whom were stuck inside after the car went into the sea. And a two year old toddler. Luckily for them the back door could open and many people rushed to the rescue.

What I was thinking is, if you apply parking brake, would the full loaded van just slip into the ocean? I mean, there have been previous accidents like that on the same spot.

The odds of all people getting out like they did if the accident happened as reported is roughly zero, in my opinion as a person who knows nothing about such things.

1. Car brakes don’t engage.
  2. Driver decides, in an instant, that instead of staying in to pull the emergency brake or try and steer car safely, to open the door and put his leg down to stop a sliding mini van.
  3. Driver then warns people to get out and 4 adults and toddler unfasten their seat belts and get out of the vehicle before it reaches the water.
    ~~ all this happens in roughly 1.5 seconds ~~

I think it’s fairly likely the guy announced they were here and people started to pile out of the van and he stepped out without putting it in park.

1 Like

I swear someone’s common sense in Taiwan is going to kill me someday.

From the minecraft-like resolution of the video I can’t tell one thing: were the wheels spinning while the car was sliding down the ramp, or were they locked and the car was still sliding down?

Well the news did show them fishing the kid out of the car, into the water, out to shore… while someone on the shore screamed that the kid was still trapped inside Granny was unceremoniously hauled like a fish from literally all fours -one guy from each of her hands and legs.

I mean, the van sank like a brick, barely the top was visible as soon as it hit the water.

1 Like

Seems original is also fuzzy:

I like the dog in the video. He made a real effort to help.

3 Likes